What's for dinner?

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thank you for asking!!! and remembering!!

Yes! He had seconds of the last of the zuc that I found in the garden yesterday, even after the freeze they had while we were gone. He eats bfast almost every morning now. I make lunch sandwiches, and I've always offered at least one veggie with dinner. Usually its two, but last nite was only the sauteed zuc.

Oh, and we have fruit in the am and at lunch. He didn't have fruit ever, he said.

He drinks too much beer, but alcohol abuse is hereditary (my parents and me and another brother) and I've only stopped back in June after decades of too much box wine. He'll learn from me.

Thank you!!!!!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You're welcome! I probably remembered because my DS is a lot like that. Most of his life he ate an extremely limited diet. Mac and cheese, chicken fried steak, never voluntarily ate anything green! EVER! My daughter on the other hand, loved all thigs veggie, was a gourmet cook and her kids are the same way. Best healthiest diet ever.

However, I literally almost fell out of my chair when I saw him eat salad a couple months ago. At 42, he now eats cabbage, green beans, broccoli and even asparagus occasionally.

There is hope!

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yum! Love me some onion soup!

it's been loving me too long time! had another round for dinner tonight and will have some tomorrow that is leftover but Mom says she's done with it, that is ok, i like it well enough it's not a chore at all. i can spice it up however i want or add cheese or not or ... i did do one thing different tonight. i cut up the garlic bread into cubes before putting it in the soup because the crust is rather hard to get through with the spoon even if it soaks for a bit so cutting it up saves me the worry of making a mess as i'm trying to cut the garlic bread as i'm eating. no, i don't really like dunking it - in it goes!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thank you for asking!!! and remembering!!

Yes! He had seconds of the last of the zuc that I found in the garden yesterday, even after the freeze they had while we were gone. He eats bfast almost every morning now. I make lunch sandwiches, and I've always offered at least one veggie with dinner. Usually its two, but last nite was only the sauteed zuc.

Oh, and we have fruit in the am and at lunch. He didn't have fruit ever, he said.

He drinks too much beer, but alcohol abuse is hereditary (my parents and me and another brother) and I've only stopped back in June after decades of too much box wine. He'll learn from me.

Thank you!!!!!!

sounds like a good start, alcohol abuse is really tough in my family too. some have done better than others. i can only hope the others will come around as they're having issues and it also affects our relationship with them because they blow us off due to being hung over when we've made plans. it's really sad making. my own drinking i've scaled back to almost nothing because of how poorly i felt afterwards.

try not to harp on it because it really won't help if they get defensive.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Leftover ribs from Mission BBQ. My finicky BBQ wife loves this place (I just discovered it last week)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You're welcome! I probably remembered because my DS is a lot like that. Most of his life he ate an extremely limited diet. Mac and cheese, chicken fried steak, never voluntarily ate anything green! EVER! My daughter on the other hand, loved all thigs veggie, was a gourmet cook and her kids are the same way. Best healthiest diet ever.

However, I literally almost fell out of my chair when I saw him eat salad a couple months ago. At 42, he now eats cabbage, green beans, broccoli and even asparagus occasionally.

There is hope!

one of my nephews was that way too. mac n cheese and hot dogs were his main foods for quite a long time, now he eats a lot more veggies and other things, but he still will also eat hot dogs (i don't know about mac n cheese i'll have to ask him next time i see him :) ).

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
since Mom was outside in the gardens when i came in i grabbed a can of sardines and enjoyed them. :) it was a rather strange meal though because i ended up also having some graham crackers with chocolate frosting (homemade with butter) and a few handfuls of peanuts and washed it all down with some limeaide (home squeezed with brown sugar - i can't drink it straight - though i really can't quite call it drinking because of how i make it there's a lot of pulp in it so it's very chewy).