What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
keeping it simple here for the most part, too busy to really cook much, strawberries, sloppy joes, i even got into some potato chips the other night (but avoided them last night).

chocolate chip cookies or a square of chocolate and a handfull of peanuts are desserts/snacks i'd much rather have instead of potato chips.

gotta get some breakfast and get outside soon here, not sure what i'll have yet.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Have a small pork loin cooking...in a big roaster pan, too hot for oven. Slow cooking. I'll add onions, potatoes, carrots, prob some green beans, closer to end. Last yr canned carrots & beans...roast on sale last yr. It'll be an all week eat 🤣 Freezer food needs to be eaten up.

Plus I'll dish up a couple freezer meals, lest I get tired of it. Some pan gravy will happen. Heading to garden after things cool off outside.

Last edited:

peteyfoozer

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Kabobs and rice tonite.

Last week I spent forever in the kitchen making beef & cheese enchiladas, the rice and the beans. Hadn’t planned on making the enchilada sauce from scratch but the canned said it was spicy and there were littles so I wound up doing that too. By the time it was done, I hurt so bad I was too sick to eat. I knew the rice & beans would be good as I have made those a lot but never did these enchiladas before. I swore I wouldn’t put myself through that again, but out of 2 big casserole pans I’d made, only 1 little enchilada was left. It tasted pretty good the next day. Now I want some. 😳

peteyfoozer

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hamburgers n the grill tonite, (unless there’s another huge thunderstorm) I made sourdough so we could have bacon/avocado sandwiches for lunch.
Need a plan for tomorrow as we will be gone all day in town and I won’t be strong enough to cook when we get home. …something in crockpot maybe??

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i carbo loaded last night, Mom made the 2nd attempt at chicken soup yesterday afternoon and right when she got it done she wanted me to taste test it, it was much better than the previous version (which used different noodles and boullion) and with the noodles still firm (i don't like them super mushy but i can still eat them) i liked it enough to have a larger second bowl. we did not have a power outage so all was ok there and things were kept properly cool. all of this was after a lunch of a lot of noodles too, then i also had some potato chips and a few cookies. i did not short myself on veggies and fruit yesterday either, we had salad with our lunch and i also picked strawberries and ate plenty of those and i also munched on some sliced apples.

i think i'll be ready to mow today with all that fuel... good thing, it's going to be a long round... :) burn all those calories off...