What's for dinner?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Weeellll -- not feeling well, your taste buds are probably off & let's just say ANYTHING will work if you don't have to fix it. I would be impressed if he cleaned the kitchen after cooking.:hide

I hope you & DH feel better soon.

Farmer Connie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ok every time to try to BBQ chicken it gets horribly dried out. What am I doing wrong?
Have you ever injected or brine/marinaded?
These are at our local Dollar Store for only a buck.
The hole is not on the tip of the needle. It is offset on the side.
You can inject chicken soup, chicken broth or and any liquid creation your have concocted up.
injector.jpg

Insuring you that your meat is always JUICY.
wink.gif

Last edited:

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Tonight for me was homemade tapioca pudding. With the pearl tapioca. :drool:drool:drool
DH had ham and macaroni salad that his mom sent over. I made him some baked beans to go with.
Works for me!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
All looks delicious! beautiful photos there.
DS outdid himself last night: he baked the chicken thighs until just cooked, then simmered them in some leftover marinara sauce he found in the fridge until they were dead tender, then served them over french-cut green beans instead of pasta for a delicious, low carb meal. He is going to make some woman a WONDERFUL husband.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
My diet is a complete travesty lately...I ran out the door earlier with a bologna and cheese slathered with mayo, a small bag of chips and a 20ounce Coke smh...Springtime must be here because I run till I am ready to drop most every day lately whether it's car related work related family related or pig related or tenant related or sometimes completely UNrelated :lol: I'm too busy/tired to eat right!! Meh whatever, the bread and mayo are organic so I'm halfway there, right? Am I right?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You are pretty much OK...except for the Coke. :cool: Yeah, could do more meat/veg but, sandwich beats a lot of other things. If you used a good seeded, organic bread you score better. Hey I had leftover chili for breakfast! Then ran out the door.:idunno

If we had a Farmer Connie in our kitchen.........hmmmm