What's for dinner?

Hope Hughes

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It was very! It's really easy to make just time and lots of steps lol we make it easy by both my husband and I cooking them. We each kinda have our own jobs to make it go a lot faster.

Hope Hughes

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Haha we have cheat nights, and at least the meat is real and not stuffed full of crap!!!! Lol

The recipe

Dough: in a bowl mix in a few eggs, a bit of water and add enough flour to form a stiff dough.

Filling: Mashed potatoes, anyway you like them not too whipped though... keep them just a little bit on the chunky side(that's how we make our taters anyway so it works out)

[Note: I make my taters, for this, with a little milk, butter, salt and cheese. For the taters you can do just salt and pepper to taste if you dont want the rest in it. ]

*if you want meat cook it and mix it with you taters*

Meat: Dice an onion and cook till a little clear, add the ground meat *add to taste*- Cumin, Cayenne &Thyme. [Obviously you can do what ever you want or like for your meat, these are just what we added. The onion is a must though ) Mix it all into the taters.

Bring a pot of water to a boil

On a flat surface sprinkle some flour to roll dough out on. Roll out your dough. You dont want it to thick but you dont want it so thin that it will tear when boild. Take a cup, like Martini size and make circles. Fill the center, dip your finger in water and wet the edges, fold them over and press them together so they become one. Take a fork and press all along so they wont come apart while boiling.

Have a skillet on like Medium heat with butter. To sear them, if you have to turn the heat up. No right or wrong here.

Drop them into the boiling water *watch that they dont stick to the bottom* remove when they float.

Sear them to your liking and serve with Soy Sauce or whatever sauce you like best!

Any left over filling put in fridge over night for dinner the nest night. *if you have to just make make a little more of the meat and taters* add frozen peas and corn to the tater mix well and add to a Casserole dish, add shredded cheese back until cheese is melted and voila dinner is done

Hope Hughes

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
20181002_203348.jpg

Not the best photo, and I kinda already ate some :hide but... Artichoke Yummmmm!!

Looking at the photo....it doesnt look as amazing as it tastes lol.

Hope Hughes

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh we love us some artichokes! I grew up eating them. And my husband thoght I was crazy the first time I bought some to cook, he is so hooked now lol

I should have posted our grilled, fresh, dolphin(Mahi Mahi) we had a few weeks ago, delicious and healthy too!