What's for dinner?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I noticed we don't have a thread to show some of the neat things we make for meals. So post them on up here.

Here's todays for me. One of the local restaurant supply had packs of beef tri-tip on sale. There were 4 of them in the pack. Nice sized fat cap, which is usually removed amywhere else if you can find them.

Fat cap is a must for what I wanted to do. Put on a nice dry rub and smoked them all up today.

I pulled 3 of them off a hour before done. It's at 350° anyway and they can do that cooking in the oven later. I'll vacuum seal and freeze them.

The last one is just about done. Super tender and the smell is killing me.

20170828_151939.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I put the bucks in the raised bed area and they were kind enough to strip the leaves from a couple of eggplant plants and expose a bunch of ripe and ready eggplants.

So- tah dah- eggplant parm!

Attachments

• F1894986-9FF4-4AF1-BC83-103F797B032B.jpeg
    F1894986-9FF4-4AF1-BC83-103F797B032B.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
So we are (finally) visiting the wife's family over Christmas. Between her heart attack and the COVID pandemic, we have only been to Mississippi twice in 3 years.

Last night, the wife and sisters were discussing if there were any dishes I might want for dinner. The culture gap was hilarious. I ended up throwing out 6 different dishes from my holidays past. Got only that's not a holiday dish, but a BBQ dish (meaty baked beans), or we don't eat that (sauerkraut related dishes, and even the classic 7 layer lettuce salad!). Lololol.

Got the explanation of the difference of dressing and stuffing (again). 😀

We were having a good laugh about the regional differences. Finally, I was still asked for a dish. I said whatever your daddy runs over on the way to to middle daughter's house for dinner would be fine. 😀 good laughs all around