What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We had a wonderful roast with veggies for dinner. Potatoes, carrots, and onions. I used 2 smaller baking dishes with the meat and onions in one pan. Made a great onion gravy. I do cabbage as well when I have it. Several days of meals for us now.

We picked up a pack of prime grade chuck roasts at Costco. Price was a buck less a pound than choice grade chuck roasts at the grocery store. I picked out the pack with the best marbling.

i love a good roast beast once in a while with all the fixins' like that. i think i could live on roasted carrotses, onions and taters. we've taken to adding mushrooms the past few times we've done it so then i can make mushroom gravy.

Mom won't do cabbage any more but i love to have it put in and steamed the last hour or so.

we had sketti -n- meat balls, salad, homemade thousand island dressing, date nut bread, and chocolate cracker crunch for lunch with a friend that visited and then for dinner i just had some brownies with ice cream, cashews and chocolate sauce for dinner. we didn't feel like cooking much last night...

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1601864035524.jpg
I

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We had one of the quarts of Beef Stew that I canned a couple weeks ago.

It was pretty good, it needed a touch of salt and pepper. I found out that a quart is more than we eat for supper, I added a cup of water with 1 1/2 tbls of cornstarch to make more sauce than what came out of the jar, the veggies must have absorbed the water.
Will can more when I have time.