What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hummus, deli sliced ham and turkey, cheese and a dab of mustard here or there...

to make the hummus, the chickpeas were from canned beans and they were pretty hard/firm, i tried to mash them up first using the potato masher but they wouldn't mash at all so i had to resort to the hand blender which does take some work to get it done, but a lot more than i'd like.

sounds like some version of boiled eggs today so perhaps egg salad and hummus. would not want to be sharing my room with anyone after eating that, but the worms and plants won't mind, even if they turn a bit brown and hold their noses... :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@wyoDreamer - hope tomorrow is a better day!

BBQ Brisket tonight. I only cheated a little bit and did some chunks in the crockpot. (I had originally planned to grind them for ground beef but I wanted something different tonight.) It's gonna make a good bbq burger even if it's on low carb bread instead of a bun. Some fresh onion and sweet hot pickles - yum!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:yuckyuck
Thanks for the smiles. It has been a rough day at work.
I would probably turn green and leave the room...

we're all still here and on speaking terms so it is all good. :) neither of us humans who live here mind earthy humor and so we go on.

one of our favorite sayings is that, "It all comes out brown." so a bit of a blemish or imperfection shouldn't stop us from making use of something we've grown or appreciating what is there in front of us instead of what we might imagine. try to see and appreciate the positive as it happens and let the rest go by as we learn from it...

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had a wonderful roast with veggies for dinner. Potatoes, carrots, and onions. I used 2 smaller baking dishes with the meat and onions in one pan. Made a great onion gravy. I do cabbage as well when I have it. Several days of meals for us now.

We picked up a pack of prime grade chuck roasts at Costco. Price was a buck less a pound than choice grade chuck roasts at the grocery store. I picked out the pack with the best marbling.