What's for dinner?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Been cold here all week. Oven has been busy!

Made a pot of veg soup, a pan of oven roasted broc/cauli and gonna whip up a quiche. Thinking I would like a pound cake. 🤔 that will take care of most meals for this week. Heat and eat. Rain all day here...and cold. Flurries this morning. :(

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We hit 56° then the cooler rain front rushed in and we dropped 10 degrees in half an hour. It's staying steady now though.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we made veggie soup here too, today, it's just finished up so it is cooling of so it can be portioned out. i'm not sure why but we really didn't need five or six gallons of it... :/ we'll freeze what we can of it and give a bunch away as usual. lima beans, tomato juice and tomato chunks came from our gardens the rest came from the store freezer section or the bag of taters we picked up.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cottage pie. We like cheese on top and smoked gouda the most. Found some real smoked gouda Friday.

Now most "smoked gouda" is a processed cheese product. It doesn't taste like smoked gouda and it doesn't melt. If you bake with it, it turns into hard plastic like bits. Real gouda melts well.

We had potato soup Friday. Really hit the spot with the snow.

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Had a box dinner with added green chiles tonight. Yea not homemade but good in almost record cold temps.

On the stove now since yesterday is a our canning pot with nothing but gallons of water to keep that end of the house warm.

Stay warm my friends.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've never tried vegemite. I had to look up milo because the only thing I knew with that name is grain sorghum. It looks like a good drink.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've never tried vegemite. I had to look up milo because the only thing I knew with that name is grain sorghum. It looks like a good drink.
I love the stuff, Milo and vegemite are staples in my house! Most people are tricked into eating vegemite by the spoonful and are totally put off by the experience, but just a thin spread with butter or cream cheese is the way to go. Milo is the opposite, the more you can fit in the glass of milk, the better it is :p

Latest posts