What's for dinner?

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have cooked so much the last couple days, so the next couple days will be spent eating it all!

I did a huge roast beef with roast veggies the other night. Just finished off the BBQ chicken with Mac and Cheese. Found a beautiful boysenberry yogurt at the shops so have got stuck into that too.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Another day of roast beef, this time from the freezer stock. Cant believe that I am not sick of it yet! Need to use the last of the potatoes and pumpkin before my next shopping trip.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
The wife made okra in the air fryer. Oh my goodness.

She bought the Instapot and air fryers on sale big time. I was skeptical, thinking we didn't need them. I am a fan of these devices now. Can't wait to make a big batch of soup or chili to try canning in the Instapot

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like the instapot for making a meal faster than my crockpot, when in a hurry. 😁 And you can first brown/sear first, in same device. Haven't tried canning in mine but would do for small batches of some things. Not convinced that meats would hold as in the longer pressure canner. :idunno Skeptical. But for jams, or high acid Things vice WB I feel ok. There are times when I only want 4 pints and canner is too much effort.