What's for dinner?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm saving this as a baby food recipe...
I love this! Kids need bone broth for growing healthy connective tissue. I'm a huge fan of Dr. Cate Shanahan, her book is Deep Nutrition. It's absolutely fascinating and there is overwhelming scientific and observable evidence to support it. I just reread the first edition last week. (but get the second edition if you can only read one) I didn't give my kids bone broth when they were very little and it shows. DS14 has chronic joint pain and DS6 has hypermobile joints too. :barnie There's still time for them to grow healthy connective tissue, so bone broth it is! I'm glad they like it!

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love this! Kids need bone broth for growing healthy connective tissue. I'm a huge fan of Dr. Cate Shanahan, her book is Deep Nutrition. It's absolutely fascinating and there is overwhelming scientific and observable evidence to support it. I just reread the first edition last week. (but get the second edition if you can only read one) I didn't give my kids bone broth when they were very little and it shows. DS14 has chronic joint pain and DS6 has hypermobile joints too. :barnie There's still time for them to grow healthy connective tissue, so bone broth it is! I'm glad they like it!
I'm slowly but surely collecting baby and birth books. Reading them is another story... I just keep telling myself i have 7 months LOL!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cool. Damp. Overcast. I'm putting a pot of ham & beans on to cook. Won't be ready until tomorrow but, day to start it. So...dinner is shaping up to be ham, sweet potato and brussel sprouts. Yep...Sprouts from freezer. Potatoes were canned last yr. Ham to use up, so bones and scraps can season bean pot. Today, tomorrow and freezer fill all in one effort! That time of year.:drool;)

Eta. Wrote this morning and forgot to post. But did remember to cook it!! 😁 Yummy!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cool. Damp. Overcast. I'm putting a pot of ham & beans on to cook. Won't be ready until tomorrow but, day to start it. So...dinner is shaping up to be ham, sweet potato and brussel sprouts. Yep...Sprouts from freezer. Potatoes were canned last yr. Ham to use up, so bones and scraps can season bean pot. Today, tomorrow and freezer fill all in one effort! That time of year.:drool;)

Eta. Wrote this morning and forgot to post. But did remember to cook it!! 😁 Yummy!
May I come over for dinner? I promise you won't have leftovers.😋

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When you see...15 seed, $6.95...for a regular tomato you know your in trouble. 😁 not a place I normally shop, Park Seed. Even regulars are up in price. Save seed!