What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
last night was a mix and match to whatever we felt like eating. jr. mints and popcorn, a few cookies and a glass of milk, some cheese and then a few carrots and vitamin D3 and K3. lunch was cheese pizza with extra onions and mushrooms added and then swiss cheese on top when it was almost done and salad and a few chocolates. breakfast is going to be oatmeal and i'll finish off the chocolates. they're not very good but in oatmeal it won't matter as much. oh woe is me, i'll just have to choke it down... take one for the team and all that... :)

i finished off a lot of temptations last week so they are gone. *whew* not too bad with them. the bag of sweet potato corn chips i could have eaten in a weekend but stretched them to a month or so. they were really good with chili and beans and cheese.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
clean eating bandwagon here too! I had cereal last night for dinner. Veggies and water for breakfast. Not sure about dinner tonight, thinking something mexican-y

spicy food warms things up! :) i think Mom wants to make chop suey this week. it's not particularly spicy but a bottle of hot sauce can take care of that problem.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
spicy food warms things up! :) i think Mom wants to make chop suey this week. it's not particularly spicy but a bottle of hot sauce can take care of that problem.
if i could find an alternative for the bean sprouts I would eat chop suey all the time! (and by alternative I mean one I like by taste and texture, lol)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yep I like all those. hmmmm fresh beans-good thought-maybe a tad different flavor but could be good. maybe shredded cabbage

as much as i like cabbage i would not use it in Chop Suey. somehow that violates my idea of what the dish should be. now if you take that cabbage and other ingredients and do some kind of egg rolls or stir fry to serve along with the Chop Suey then i would not be offended in the least and greatly enjoy it too. :) just meandering here, not meant to be the only way... :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
dinner here was tasty but a bit too dry. baked beans that needed more sauce to begin with and then i put some dried basil on top and some grated parmesian cheese. so it was pretty much like eating sawdust. tasty sawdust. i was too lazy to get back up and deal with that so i just had some water after i was done to wash it down...