What's happening to me?!!!

adoptedbyachicken

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Have you considered taking a essential fat? Omega 3-6-9, your body could be telling you it's low, and if the craving is not going away it's not finding what it needs. Unless your ensuring the beef was grass feed and older than is usual for beef on the market these days it's not had the time to build up the essential parts of even the fatty marrow.

Also look into CLA and Ubiquinol. I take the essential fats in those forms now since as we age we don't process the more complex fats well enough to get all the benefit from them. I have found that I feel better and I lost the weight I had taken on from cravings.

I started the CLA from a recommendation for my joint pain, it's been great for that, but looking into it I found much more information on it for weight loss and digestive issues. Then a year or two later when I was reordering my 3-6-9 there was a sidebar on the webpage that showed a study on Ubiquinol being the better form for us over 45 to order. Tried it and I do like it better, really seems to have given me more energy.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I now crave fat all the time too! Its *slowly* decreasing, but I was totally going crazy on cheese, milk, eggs scrambled in butter and avocado last week.

I think were "catching up" ;)

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
MsPony said:
I now crave fat all the time too! Its *slowly* decreasing, but I was totally going crazy on cheese, milk, eggs scrambled in butter and avocado last week.

It took me a year to catch up nutritionally :ep
I so wish that had also taken care of all the other issues, but, all in good time :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
adoptedbyachicken said:
Have you considered taking a essential fat? Omega 3-6-9, your body could be telling you it's low, and if the craving is not going away it's not finding what it needs. Unless your ensuring the beef was grass feed and older than is usual for beef on the market these days it's not had the time to build up the essential parts of even the fatty marrow.

Also look into CLA and Ubiquinol. I take the essential fats in those forms now since as we age we don't process the more complex fats well enough to get all the benefit from them. I have found that I feel better and I lost the weight I had taken on from cravings.

I started the CLA from a recommendation for my joint pain, it's been great for that, but looking into it I found much more information on it for weight loss and digestive issues. Then a year or two later when I was reordering my 3-6-9 there was a sidebar on the webpage that showed a study on Ubiquinol being the better form for us over 45 to order. Tried it and I do like it better, really seems to have given me more energy.
Link or more info?

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
MsPony said:

I've been eating clean for about 3 years (2.5?) and I still go nutters craving fats.

Then again, I was so malnourished, I'm only now hitting puberty (started 6-9 months into the diet) so I'm actually getting normal growing cravings too. :idunno

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I had major fat cravings for about a year and a half.

I read recently about us older gals and how we process fats. Of course now I can't find the article :p But it had to do with how helpful virgin coconut oil is because of our metabolism changes.

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ok, first thing is, make sure the food you eat is all high quality, nutrient dense. Processed as little as possible, whole, natural, fresh stuff. Lotsa raw veggies and fruits, skins on (ok, you don't have to eat the banana skin...), that kind of stuff.

If your body has been starved for years on refined foods, or the stuff that the commercials and doctors have been telling you is healthy, then when you give it good stuff, it may hoard for a bit. Natural reaction, it thinks that it might not last! But that usually settles down in about a month. If you only give it one type of good food, it won't settle down - you gotta give it all categories (fruits, veggies, whole grains, milk, and meat). Fats aren't a food category - they are part of milk and meat.

Do watch the refined carbs - they add weight right in the middle, and it is stubborn.

Increase your activity level if you can - just MOVE more. This will help your body balance out. Don't try aggressive exercise, just get moving more.

On the milk - raw and all that is best. But... we have to work with what we have.

You CAN increase absorption of calcium from homogenized and pasteurized milk. Just eat a quarter of an apple with each glass of milk - make sure you keep the skin on, lotsa good stuff there (I cut up the apple in quarters, lightly salt the tops of the extras and put them in a zippy in the fridge for later). What does it is the citric acid and the Vitamin C, so you can use other fruit or juice, but whole fruit is higher in nutrients and better for you. Calcium absorbs best in the presence of acid and C, so while you won't extract as much calcium from that milk as you would raw, you'll at least absorb what you do extract.

It is scary to gain weight. But if you get things balanced, it won't last.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Well, I've been eating a lot more salad this year than in the past and I like fruit, so I'm eating a bunch of raw stuff. Plus, I prefer many veggies raw instead of cooked-broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, etc. And, I've noticed that I don't really want cakes, cookies, Ho-Hos, etc that much any more.

I can't really increase my activity level any more than it is! I work at a horse farm, so I'm cleaning 5 stalls per day, plus a ton of other physical work. Then, I go and care for my horses, and help RU if she needs any help. Then, I go home, and depending on the time of year, I'll be doing yard work, working in my garden, or cutting and splitting wood. And, in my spare time, I like to go horseback riding and canoeing. So, I THINK I'm doing about as much physical activity as I can.

About the only thing I'm not getting much of right now is the whole grains. I need to look around and see what I can find in this area that I can afford. I'm working on getting rid of all processed foods in the house. We don't have that much.

I try to avoid pre-made foods as much as possible because of the salt. It aggravates my Meniere's. Plus I've noticed that I don't really like the taste of most of them anymore. They don't taste right.

I talked to my hubby today. We're hoping to go to the butcher's on Saturday. We want to see about getting some good beef and pork as well as pork fat. I want to make lard. I don't like cooking in oil, and if I do, I normally use EOVV. Otherwise, I cook in butter. I've noticed the stuff taste better, plus it doesn't seem to stick to the pan as much.

Hubby did try to talk me out of drinking milk. He said that at my age, it's not good for me and that there've been studies that prove that. But, I don't know how good the study is that he's referring to. So, does anyone know?