What's the best way to sell unwanted/unused items?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My local area has a paper called IWANNA

I wanna this, I wanna that!?--LOL

it can get stuff sold so fast. I put my chickens in there, poof, sold....anything

Do you have that type of local sale paper. That is all this is --one big sale paper. A big paper now. Autos, furniture, services, from the farm, tractors, RVs, all animals, computers, household, etc. etc. etc.

free too.

hope you have something like that.....if you sell local it means you don't have to ship etc. and the person calling can come get it easily.

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Choices here include freecycle, craigslist, the Goodwill. I like the idea of Freecycle but sometime we end up spending more time emailed and arranging pickups then the itmes are worth. Craiglist is a little shady sometimes, but we have sold big items on it. The Goodwill is easier to get rid of because it is close to home and no questions asked. So it depends on your goal it guess; making $ or getting rid of. There's also the buy/sell/trade right here on SS.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
How would you determine the asking price? We have "inherited" my in-laws "collections" and are clueless as to what these items are worth.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Browse eBay, and also google. Look at actual *selling* prices whenever possible, not just asking prices.

Good luck,

Pat

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
krjwaj said:
Craiglist is a little shady sometimes, but we have sold big items on it.
How so? What should we watch out for? :hu

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
i've been using freecycle for a while now, got rid of an old broken bar fridge, and some other junk. no one wants our old well pump for parts though! shame really.

breconbcs

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I use eBay to buy and sell seeds, violets, dog treats/toys, clothes - things that are easy and fairly cheap to ship. The bigger stuff I put on Kijiji, I don't use craigslist personally just cause things never last long on Kijiji. You can also see if there is a buy and sell or super shopper in your area. Also advertise at the grocery stores, etc.

smithx9

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi. I personally like Craigslist...I shop there all the time...

I know several people who put their furniture on cragislist, and it went fairly quickly.

I have sold books, motorcycle helmets, and other odds n ends....also bought chickens and goats, chicken tractor coop...

Ya never know what you will find there

Biggest plus...its FREE to post and no Fees to sell!