What's your favorite hand "tool"?

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yes, BC. But it's not just shipping that influences cost, though. Canada has long had protective tariffs (trying to avoid the loss of Canadian manufacturing & retail jobs), so when we import things duty can be charged. i.e., we have to pay it.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I like that saw and I love the price and I DO have a Harbor Freight in my town, though I often forget that. We need a saw like that all the time and never have just the right one, though we have quite a few small hand saws here, most are for cutting limbs and not much for precision work.

Gonna have to check those out....THANKS, CC...for adding to my tool addiction. o_O

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes, BC. But it's not just shipping that influences cost, though. Canada has long had protective tariffs (trying to avoid the loss of Canadian manufacturing & retail jobs), so when we import things duty can be charged. i.e., we have to pay it.

But if I send it to you as a gift in a flat rate envelope who will be all the wiser? And what business is it of the Canadian government anyways? Please tell me you don't get your mail via the mounted police :)

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like that saw and I love the price and I DO have a Harbor Freight in my town, though I often forget that. We need a saw like that all the time and never have just the right one, though we have quite a few small hand saws here, most are for cutting limbs and not much for precision work.

Gonna have to check those out....THANKS, CC...for adding to my tool addiction. o_O

Glad I could contribute :) seriously not much is good at HF but this saw is one of those HF Gems. Just remember it cuts on the pull stroke just the opposite of a normal saw. Very small kerf I use it to clean out guitar fret slots after I get them all gunked up gluing binding to the neck and right before I hammer the frets into the neck. Use it with respect like I said it's sharper than a pack.of razors, it will cut your flesh deep before you even realized it did.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Another HF Gem is this spray gun. It's awesome for spraying latex paint... Just thin the paint with water, load up the cup and hook up to your air compressor and spray away. And at this price it pays for it'self in one small job. When your done just clean it out with soapy water and your good to go next time you need it.

image_8048.jpg

https://m.harborfreight.com/20-oz-8-cfm-gravity-feed-spray-gun-67181.html

Ill share my next 20% coupon with you all - I get them all the time from HF.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ok here you go... Harbor Freight coupons. Just DL to your phone as a pictures and show the cashier at checkout.

Screenshot_2017-10-18-16-42-23.png

Horray for free made in China junk to fill up American landfills.

While your there don't forget your free crappy tape measure... It's crappy but hey it's free as in beer free.
Screenshot_2017-10-18-16-46-00.png

Also get your free flash light - never tried this one who knows if might actually be halfway decent who knows? Might work for many uses, might work one time who knows but with free Chinese batteries I doubt it would last long before the batteries leak. Generally if it's sold at harbor freight and has a switch, plug, or batteries it's crap but who knows????
Screenshot_2017-10-18-16-48-07.png

And don't forget your free rags as long as your there. If for nothing else you could use them to wipe you butt in a pinch - their "non abrasive".
Screenshot_2017-10-18-16-50-07.png

Last edited:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
All great coupons, except those microfiber rags....HATE the way they feel and the way they clean. They make my fingernails want to crawl off my hands. :barnie