Where are all the lids???

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Have seen several dozen jars and lids at Wal-mart the other day when I went through. No pkgs of just lids but some of rings and lids. Need to check on the online places to see how they are doing with restocking. I have enough jars to sink the titanic.... inherited. Have the glass bail-top types too. I really like them. There was a company that was making the jar rubbers for them. From what I understand, they are still quite popular in Europe.

sharron

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Can anyone find where all the canning lids regular or wide mouth has gone??? I have looked everywhere and not even the warehouses have any so are you finding any in your area?
i bought some on ebay last april, paid dearly for them but now i have enough to keep canning next year and also have bought the jars and lids combo from walmarts too, , i think people buy as many as they can and then price gouge:idunno

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i bought some on ebay last april, paid dearly for them but now i have enough to keep canning next year and also have bought the jars and lids combo from walmarts too, , i think people buy as many as they can and then price gouge:idunno
WELCOME to the forum Sharron!

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Was in Wal-mart and they had wide mouth lids. 3.95 a doz I think.... if anyone is in need, let me know and i will get some and ship them to you for just what it costs me. Going to get some to have in case, but I am going to try to do more with the tattler lids next year. Don't know what I will be able to do with the knees, but know that I need to have to start building up my stock again. Tried to let it get down some with the moving.... the freezers are full.... but the canned goods are down.... luckily.... as carrying boxes is tough right now.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
a friend ran across some single piece lids she had from before and said i could have them. since i had to drop off some Christmas fudge to her anyways i looked at them and they were ok condition so we can use and/or reuse them for freezer containers or even canning i can use them for freezer jam or whatever.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I found enough here and there to get me through next year. I'll stay on the hunt to stock up for 2-3 years. I won't let this happen again!

I have a case of Tattler, each of regular and wide mouth lids. They are my SHTF reserve. LOL LOL

sharron

Power Conserver
Reaction score
i'm good both on lids and new jars, not to mention what i will empty this year til the garden comes on again, had forgotten i had bought a bunch of one piece lids (like you buy can goods in the stores) supposedly can use them a bunch of time, haven't tried them yet
by the way, good morning everyone