Where are all the lids???

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm good on lids and jars. Have bought jars off and on over the years, and bought ?40 boxes of lids when reports of covid first started. Had some stored before even that. Will continue to stock ahead, in the years to come. I also re-use metal lids if they are in good shape. Many have been used 4x, and still seal just like new.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I also reuse. I find that if you put "good" lids in a pan with boiling water, they will "plump up" the rubber part.....yes, some won't work.... you put them in the fridge and eat them next meal.....
Just thought I would help if I could. Glad that people are finding some and hopefully have enough for this year....

henless

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have quite a few lids of both kinds. Anytime I'm in a store with a canning section, I will check and see if they have any in stock. If so, I'll pick up a few boxes to add to my collection.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i hate to lose Mom in the store too as it can take some time to find each other again. as i am usually driving i don't have to worry about getting home again, but i sure don't want the phone call to come pick her up again. j/k i would not leave without her.

sorry about his knees.