Where are all the lids???

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dollar General has had boxes of reg at $1.75 a doz. No WM just lids there seen yet. Golden harvest brand, made in USA. Jarden LLC, who owns Foodsaver, also...used to be part of Ball, so I feel ok. Wm should be along soon. Jars, and ring/lid sets We're in good supply, also.

Weren't there last week, just lid pkgs, other stuff was.

That's my public service announcement for today. ;)
I scored a whole flat of regular lids plus 16 boxes in another flat at DG. I bought them all! Muhahaha!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Mom says she hasn't seen any boxes of lids (name brand i don't think she looks for the off-brand ones) at all the past few times she's looked. there were cases of jars. at Wallysworld...

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have been buying lids every time I find any. I may have a 2 year supply now. I’ve been writing the year purchased on the box so I can use the oldest first.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My husband has told me I need to buy lids when I see them even if that means I end up with 5 years worth of lids. I've been picking up any wide mouth because my uncle will need them.

Jars aren't too hard to find here finally, even if it isn't huge quantities. Ive seen everything on sizes now.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I scored a dozen wide mouth lids yesterday. Only that store has had lids with any regularity here.

Between that and what he has left over from last year when I sent my stash, it might be enough for my uncle.

henless

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I haven't seen any lids in the last couple of weeks here. A few jars here/there and boxes of lids & rings, but not just lids.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lids are good for bartering around here right now.

I'll probably buy another dozen wide mouth lids for my stash.

Mom told me I need to trade some boxes of lids for some of my uncle's salsa. She says it's the best she's ever had and my brothers can't convince him to part with any. He does trade though.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Still no boxes of just lids here in any of the Walmarts or the dollar stores .... Saw 4 boxes of wm lids and rings in Walmart the other day.... some boxes of pints and quarts.... but still very sparse.