where can I buy cayenne pepper in bulk?

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My cinnamon was enuff to fill 4 sandwich size ziplock baggies and fill my large shaker for @ $3.00. and I just got a 3 1/2 pound bag of sea salt for .92 cents. That is how I buy most of my spices. And the taco and chili powder. The little mom and pop stores don't carry them like that, so if yours don't carry them ask and they should be able to tell you where a larger store is. Ours is called a "dutchmans store" here. They also carry herbal teas here! And we are getting our bar laundry soap there and such. Also oil lamps, windup clocks (no elect. Or batteries needed)ect... sorry off topic again!

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If you don't need specifically "cayenne", and don't care if it is in flakes instead of powder, try a Korean market (or Asian market with a Korean section). The Koreans use hot pepper flakes in everything, and you can find big bags for not very much money.
Ethnic stores are good sources for many different herbs and spices.

kathyinmo

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
ORChick said:
If you don't need specifically "cayenne", and don't care if it is in flakes instead of powder, try a Korean market (or Asian market with a Korean section). The Koreans use hot pepper flakes in everything, and you can find big bags for not very much money.
Ethnic stores are good sources for many different herbs and spices.
I wonder if that would work. I was thinking the same thing. Hmmm, I'll have to do a little research. I am thinking that just might work. All pepper has the "good" stuff, the benefits I am looking for.

Thanks!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hi Kathy,

I still haven't found the pamplet but it's Townsend Supply in Oxford, AR (phone # (870) 258 - 3523). They don't have a website and you have to call to make an appointment.

While looking them up, I came across Bulk Foods and they sell Cayenne in up to 25#.

kathyinmo

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Dawn419 said:
Hi Kathy,

I still haven't found the pamplet but it's Townsend Supply in Oxford, AR (phone # (870) 258 - 3523). They don't have a website and you have to call to make an appointment.

While looking them up, I came across Bulk Foods and they sell Cayenne in in up to 25#.
Ohhh, and a good price there, too!
Thank you!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Your Welcome! :D

I've spent a lot of money just looking through everything they have to offer! :lol:

nmred

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I order a lot of my spices from San Francisco Herb Co. http://www.sfherb.com/ I checked, and they have cayenne. Their per pound price is better than the one from Bulk Foods, but the website doesn't have a price listed for 5 lbs. I know they offer multi pound discounts, though, so check them out.