Where to order cheap checks?

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
I just ran out of checks and thought I had another box... you know how it goes. So I went to a couple of the $19.99 check places... by the time you add shipping and handling and the processing fee and the expediting fee just to get them before Christmas, one company had me up to $70 and the other was at $99. I'm sorry but that's just crazy. I only write 5 to 10 checks per month. What to do?

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Yup, that'd be me! I do mostly on-line bill pay but there's a few things throughout the month that for various reasons, I still use a check for... at least I used to...

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Did you try Current? Or was that one of the places that Nicolas and dimmed you to death?

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
framing fowl said:
I just ran out of checks and thought I had another box... you know how it goes. So I went to a couple of the $19.99 check places... by the time you add shipping and handling and the processing fee and the expediting fee just to get them before Christmas, one company had me up to $70 and the other was at $99. I'm sorry but that's just crazy. I only write 5 to 10 checks per month. What to do?
Does your bank not offer checks? mine does and the plain ones are like $10 per box if you want 2 boxes or more. Actually I get mine free because of the balances I carry. If I need them in a hurry they just tell me to open a new account and they give me a book of 25 starter checks with the bank name, routing number and account number Preprinted. there is an order page in the front to order a supply of plain or fancy checks. Since it is just a sheet that I give to other people I don't care what it looks like. Check with your bank (pun not intended)~gd

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I keep reading this as cheap chicks. I KNOW it's for checks, but being on this forum....

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
I'll check with current and the bank. Last time I checked with the bank it was over $30 but I didn't think about opening a new account. I guess that's still better than $75 or more. Thanks!

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If you (or anyone on your account) can, by any stretch of the imagination, be deemed a "senior", make sure that your bank is aware of it. I don't feel "senior" (at least not most of the time :lol:), but I get checks for free because I am over 50. ~~~ 50 is senior? I thought 50 was the new 30, or something like that:/ ~~~

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Seiously--your bank doesn't offer cheques for free??? And I still use cheques quite frequently. massage therapist only takes cash or cheque, same with my barefoot trimmer (horses). We use about three ore four cheques a month, Not alot, but still..... since we never carry cash.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
mine are free cause I keep a big balance in money market checking...so I am no help...but I love my free checks