Where would I find reusable building supplys?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I raise a few turkeys each year for the freezer as well! I am sure you could eat the eggs (although I never have). If nothing else use them in cooking.

I have not been to Branson in years, but we do go to Lake of the Ozarks a few times of the year. We have a family cabin down there. Beautiful area you live in.

Buckshot

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
We just Freecycled about 60 feet of ceder privacy fencing at my D1's that had been torn down by high winds. The gentle man that came to take the wood was going to cut it down, removing the damaged ends and turn it into a shorter fence for her garden.

Wish I knew sooner you were looking for used lumber sooner.
That's ok, I'm sure other opportunities will arise if I keep looking. I like ceder because it lasts a long time in the elements. I might just use it for siding on my garage.

Buckshot

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
I raise a few turkeys each year for the freezer as well! I am sure you could eat the eggs (although I never have). If nothing else use them in cooking.

I have not been to Branson in years, but we do go to Lake of the Ozarks a few times of the year. We have a family cabin down there. Beautiful area you live in.
I grew up in Pulaski County, I loved the country there but I couldn't wait to leave when I grew up. Because of that Army base you get all kinds of riff raff coming in and settling there. I like living where people are honest and trust worthy. I wouldn't live any where else now for all the money in the world! I do however miss going to the lake of the Ozarks! Some of my fondest memories as a kid are there.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Mine too.

My Grandpa bought our tiny place when they were in the process of first filling the lake. I have been going down there since I was an infant. Summer always meant long trips to the lake, fishing and swimming with perch nibbling on your toes. :)

philpatton

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
If you have a store that sells glass windows in your area check with them.

The glass is shipped in wooden containers and after the store removes the windows they generally put the lumber in the dumpster. I have picked up some really nice 2x6s and other dimensions for free. I did have to pull nails but generally it was better than any that I could have bought at the lumber yard and it was FREE!

Make sure that you ask first and dont leave a mess when you leave.

Buckshot

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
philpatton said:
If you have a store that sells glass windows in your area check with them.

The glass is shipped in wooden containers and after the store removes the windows they generally put the lumber in the dumpster. I have picked up some really nice 2x6s and other dimensions for free. I did have to pull nails but generally it was better than any that I could have bought at the lumber yard and it was FREE!

Make sure that you ask first and dont leave a mess when you leave.
Wow! This is a great tip Philpatton! And its right on time too, because just today my son and I were at Lowe's looking at picnic tables. They were made of 2x6's mostly. We contemplated buying two of them but decided to look around first to see if we could come up with some wood and build them ourselves. So your lead may really come in handy here. We will build 4 if we can find enough lumber. I don't mean to sound greedy but we have three different locations we could really use them at. 2 at the shop, one at his house and one at mine. Little treasure secrets like this one are always worth knowing. Thank you!

philpatton

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Buckshot Im glad that you found the information helpful. Remember to pull the nais so that you dont mess up your saw blades.

Pictures would probably be a nice thing to include to show everyone how they turned out.

When youre pulling the wood dont forget to think about the possibility of the other wood. If you have a fireplace it might cut down on how much you have to cut. Just an idea

Buckshot

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
philpatton said:
Buckshot Im glad that you found the information helpful. Remember to pull the nais so that you dont mess up your saw blades.

Pictures would probably be a nice thing to include to show everyone how they turned out.

When youre pulling the wood dont forget to think about the possibility of the other wood. If you have a fireplace it might cut down on how much you have to cut. Just an idea
Yeah, I've hit nails before and there's nothing more horrifying than the sound it makes. It's like grinding a gear in your truck, I don't know who it hurts more, you or the gears! LOL Although if I can find it, I have an old blade that is designed to cut through aluminum. It cuts wood well too and nails are no match for it. If not then I'll just be careful and try to make sure not to miss pulling a nail. I'll post a pic if I can and I'll save all my scrap wood for the wood stove I'll put in the shop. If you come up with some more good Ideas please don't be shy! I need all the help I can get.