Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Lorie, I think that's him :D

Young man with GREAT hair?

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
If it is him, tell him savingdogs sends a hug and hug him for me, will you?

lorieMN

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Lorie, I think that's him :D

Young man with GREAT hair?
yes I am sure its the same person,,I will tell him next time I see him he is missed on here..I know his goats have the best tasting milk I have ever had..

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I think he was harassed in pm's or emails. :smack Not sure of details, but if you are guilty and reading this, here is another :smack and not in good fun.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It seems a lot of good contributors have left.....It seems to me that if you have a differing opinion you are not a worthy contributor to posts. I personally no longer post much at all, why bother.....

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I personally find the differing viewpoints, regional differences and range of styles the whole POINT of this forum, sharing self sufficient ideas and mixing the old with the new, north with south, east with west, red with blue. I think it is very important that we include young people in this forum as they will be the ones changing and shaping the future. :old Especially when the young people are such knowledgeable folks such as Blackbird and Barred Buff and I'm sure there are a few others whose age I don't even know.

I think very often things said via internet can be taken too many different ways because we don't see tone...and we keep talking instead of listening for the other person's point like you would in a true conversation. Because of this, I think everyone needs to look over their posts (and private messages) and make sure their intent is clear and the result will be positive. I use a lot of silly emoticons to try to let people know I'm teasing or whatever (y'all can tell me how well that works).

I do not know what happened with Blackbird, but I do know that communication via this type of venue does take an added level of decorum and politeness, sprinkled with a nice dose of humor and a willingness to laugh at oneself and keep an open mind. Sometimes it just means we need to agree to disagree. I "bother" because this is a community that I want to remain a part of.

And freemotion.....what you said x2.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
I myself, left for a while, because of personal attacks, and I believe that was what happened to Blackbird.
Differing views are just fine, but openly or privately attacking because you don't agree are never ok.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes, and I "bother" to come back time and again because there is a lot of like minded people coming from different areas of life working towards the same goal as my family. I am just stating my opinion as you are about the possible reasons. AND I have never sent harassing emails or pm's to anyone, EVER...

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
BB, I am so glad you are here. I would have been lost without you on Ginger's kidding night....and so often you chime in with such awesome and timely advice.
:smack to whomever made you feel that way.

I think we all need to all join hands and sing Kum bay yah or something. :idunno

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
BB, I am so glad you are here. I would have been lost without you on Ginger's kidding night....and so often you chime in with such awesome and timely advice.
:smack to whomever made you feel that way.

I think we all need to all join hands and sing Kum bay yah or something. :idunno
:hide
I have had lots of time to sit and study over the last 3 years. Having no energy due to problematic health caused by modern civilization, has been a blessing, even though it totally sucks at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.