where's Blackbird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
There are people who have been and are on this forum who are sweet and nice in public but send some pretty horrid PM's. You are fortunate if you have not received one. Several of us have. Ick.

And we all have our sensitive moments...I have! But for the most part, I think we have a great group here.
yep, I've recv'd a few, but they are always from the same person, just trying to stir the pot. This person won't go public with the attack I guess so they won't be banned. I have decided to just ignore that person, because I KNOW I'm not the only one that has gotten them.

What is funny is Blackbird and I have completely different beliefs, but I think he's great. I joined this to learn more SS skills, not to have disagreements about beliefs. To each his (or her) own. :thumbsup

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm a fence sitter, I pledge no allegiance, but I continue my friendships and support them through choices. I'm a loyal friend, not a loyal forumer LOL. There's a group of us horse people that have been together FOREVER! And we recently had a huge fight and split, even though we all see eachother IRL lol. It kills me to not be part of the split people, but the forum starter and I have past issues, otherwise I'd ve there.

All I have to say, is BB better not go get himself a girlfriend or married or anything...there will be a bunch of us fussy married ladies in an upset over attention :gig

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
The internet is a big place......

It looked like I had lost a lot of FB friends lately but it was actually that FB changed settings and you only see the people who have interacted with for the last two weeks (unless you change the settings).

I've always gotten nice PMs from everyone here. Oh no.......I something something in my INBOX.....:hide

Just TEASIN.....don't want anyone to misunderstand my TONE. :tongue

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
I have my beliefes, and I respect everyone eles' right to have thier's. :) BUT I simply can not stand sitting back and watch as someone is harrassed and abused and no body do anything about it. I have not recieved hateful pm's but I have several good friends who did. And they came to me to either vent or try to be a peaceful mediator. It was at that time, I decided that I could only ignore this bullying so much, and I left. I really do miss some of the folks on here and I have grown so much thanks to them. I have met some people that I believe will be my friends for many more years to come. But I can't see myself being apart of a community that subjects it's members to trolls and discriminates against beliefes different from thier own.

Sorry for the vent. I'm sure there will be some kindof mean, hateful thing said about "sucking it up" or "deal with it", but I won't be here to be bothered by it. ;)

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Urban dreamer I value your presence here and your insight. I hope you choose to stay.

There are bullies everywhere in life, but it would be nice if we could have the BULLIES leave here and not the other way around. I rarely post at BYH because I felt bullied a few times and people HERE on SS took it upon themselves to make me feel better about it, so I had a different experience. I don't think people who have been bullied need to "suck it up."

Just like everywhere else, there are good and bad folks in all walks of life, and good and bad in all folks. I find it nice to find a group of people who I have so much in common with.....

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I didn't know anything about the hateful PM's I am wondering for all of you who got them, was the person reported to the Mod's?? Perhaps if enough complained that person could have been dealt with.

:idunno

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I second Gina's post.

I had no idea ya'll were getting nasty pms.
heck, about what? lol I never had one, yea when I started like 2 years ago I think the first 6 mos. I received 2 "lets talk about this" type of pms but they were never hateful.

I also think Blackbird had BYC problems? don't know if this is true or not but I remember a poster saying something about BYC or BYHerds was a problem?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
I didn't know anything about the hateful PM's I am wondering for all of you who got them, was the person reported to the Mod's?? Perhaps if enough complained that person could have been dealt with.

:idunno
x2 Tanks. :hu

Status
Not open for further replies.