where's everyone at?

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've been reading through a lot of old threads and it seems there used to be many more active members. where did they all go? have they already bugged out? living off grid on a mountain somewhere? what happened?

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Beekissed @sumi @Britesea @baymule @Hinotori @Joel_BC @frustratedearthmother and others
I wasn't here for the great shake up. But I've been reading through a lot of old posts. I'm really glad you're all here. We're late to the game but all the old posts have really been helpful, and I'm really enjoying getting to know you all. Thanks for keeping this site going! :)

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If it ever comes to a SHTF, we will need community. We don't have ALL the skills necessary for long term survival. Yes, we could get by, but over the long term, we need community. I can grow a garden and put it up for later consumption. I can raise meat and eggs. I have a lot of skills, but I like knowing help is around the corner.

There's blog by a fellow calls himself Selco that survived a year-long siege of his hometown in Bosnia that said something I thought was thought-provoking. If your well-pump needs work and there's hostiles about, it's a good thing to have a buddy that can keep an eye on the woods while your attention is on the pump.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@Beekissed @sumi @Britesea @baymule @Hinotori @Joel_BC @frustratedearthmother and others
I wasn't here for the great shake up. But I've been reading through a lot of old posts. I'm really glad you're all here. We're late to the game but all the old posts have really been helpful, and I'm really enjoying getting to know you all. Thanks for keeping this site going! :)
And we're really glad you are here! :hugs It's in the nature of forums that people come and go and some stick around. It's lovely to have the "old timers" with their knowledge and experience and it's lovely to have new members with new ideas and input join too. I'm hoping in time to see this forum regrow to be as busy, if not busier, as it used to be years ago.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Some people just drifted away. Some got what they needed from the forum and went on their way. Some just got busy with life. And some were in a squabble, took their toys and went home.

Personally I have learned a lot from this forum. I like the people here and the exchange of ideas. I like the sharing of what works and what went all wrong. We all are trying to better our lives and that of our family.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
:yuckyuck:ya

For as long as I've been around here, I should have some more skillz. And maybe done some emergency preps?

I joined shortly after moving in with my boyfriend. Married him. Moved to a farm. Got some livestock. **I did learn how to can** so that's something.