Who doesn't like avatars?

SS Project Manager

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We just love how this new platform uses avatars (the little pics that you associate with your user account) throughout the system!

In fact, peeps without avatars show up even more now than before (boring gray question marks).

So, we are encouraging our peeps to upload avatars to their accounts. It doesn't have to be a pic of you... it can be a pic of your favorite herd animal, plant or whatever you like!

Uploading an avatar is easy peasy! Just click here and follow the instructions:http://www.sufficientself.com/account/avatar

Also, if you don't have an avatar, you'll get a new trophy if you add one!

We are also doing a test with a cool notice that shows up only to peeps without an avatar and suggests they add one. Currently only 1,104 members have an avatar, so we are curious to see how many peeps add them.

Last edited:

DeniseCharleson

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We just love how this new platform uses avatars (the little pics that you associate with your user account) throughout the system!

In fact, peeps without avatars show up even more now than before (boring gray question marks).

So, we are encouraging our peeps to upload avatars to their accounts. It doesn't have to be a pic of you... it can be a pic of your favorite herd animal, plant or whatever you like!

Uploading an avatar is easy peasy! Just click here and follow the instructions:http://www.sufficientself.com/account/avatar

Also, if you don't have an avatar, you'll get a new trophy if you add one!

We are also doing a test with a cool notice that shows up only to peeps without an avatar and suggests they add one. Currently only 1,104 members have an avatar, so we are curious to see how many peeps add them.
1. To answer your titular question: I do not like avatars.
2. I do not want to upload a picture to use as an avatar. I am sufficiently aware of security to not post a photograph of myself or my homesite, and posting a random image of an animal or plant serves no useful purpose.
3. I do not want to be notified/encouraged to upload an avatar every time I log in to the site.
4. I am not your "peep."
5. I do not give a fig about any "trophy" you have to offer.
6. I am still waiting for an administrator to report progress on my request to *not* have a software-generated title added to my name.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Denise, thanks for the feedback! I'll try to respond as efficiently as possible (I'm a HUGE fan of bulleted / numbered lists!)
  1. No problem, you're welcome to keep the gray question mark.
  2. Yup, if anyone is uncomfortable sharing a personal pic, the definitely shouldn't do it. I do disagree that a random image would serve no useful purpose. It may not for you, but based on my calculations 86.94% of active forum members prefer that fellow members have avatars and feel like it improves their forum experience (this ratio varies from site demographic and niche topic, but is still generally the high majority in the 80% - 90% range).
  3. No problem, as a logged-in member you can dismiss any notices that appear.
  4. I may not be your peep, but you're definitely one of mine. :) I'm just a friendly kinda guy.
  5. No problem, you're welcome to ignore the trophies you have and/or may receive.
  6. Unfortunately it doesn't look like we'll have a way for you to opt-out of automatically generated titles in the near future.
Any other questions or feedback about avatars, please post them here. Any other questions or feedback about other site elements, please post on an existing thread or create a new one in this section.

Cheers!