Who here has built their own Solar Panels?

Louise

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
The soaring price of oil has become a big burden to us and this mean that when the oil prices are up so as our daily needs. Therefore, we must save all the money that we can. In order to that we need to consider cheaper electricity or even free. Solar panels are only one way to overcome this situation.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Louise said:
The soaring price of oil has become a big burden to us and this mean that when the oil prices are up so as our daily needs. Therefore, we must save all the money that we can. In order to that we need to consider cheaper electricity or even free. Solar panels are only one way to overcome this situation.
:frow Welcome!

And I agree.

turpinivan

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Solar panels should make the building cooler as they are the object that receives the heat. The shingles beneath them should be in the shade and cooler. As a side note, we went with light colored shingles to enhance the new building looking like our house and also to keep the panels cooler.

drcr37

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
new to this site. found it when looking for reviews on freckleface.com. saw these posts on solar panels. i have been collecting things for the past 3yrs and have bought panels on amazon. dont really know how much power i have, but have all set up. i have 8-15w panels (120w total) connected in series to two 125amp/hr gel batteries. i am planing on buying more panels. anyone have an ideal how much power i would have in a grid down situation? i also have wireing and bulbs for a 12v lighting system. thanks all