Who reads what we write?

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I am more concerned about the punks and losers in their neighborhood who can easily see that I have produce growing in the yard and tasty animals outback than some internet stalker.
My dear WZ,
I don't know that there is really any difference between the two; internet stalkers or punk/losers.

K0xxx makes the point about OpSec. He is RIGHT ON.
73 Shipmate. KIxxxx
Our "open society" is probably a little TOO open and with things about to collapse in Washington, DC it might be wise to hold onto some of the most important issues of personal detail. Just don't be too surprised if the zombies trample that garden in about 15 minutes. They really won't be coming with large quantities of $ to give you.

Like I said, "Go ahead, send 'em up. I'll wait!"
//BT//
Trim sends

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It is really weird. I was thinking about this earlier today and then I came here and found this thread. It is easy to forget that we are posting to the world and not just each other.

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
go to spokeo.com and type in your name. THAT is eye opening - had a "google streetview" of my house

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Definetely a good thing to keep in mind. Sometimes we definetely forget that ANYONE can read whatever you share. I know however a lot of the time I will go through and read a post (several times with each new post) but never post on it myself simply because I have nothing to add to the thread. But I read it to learn.

And also I was wondering, do you think that someone who was not taking the time to prepare for a SHTF scenario would take the time to stalk through websites and posts to try and find someone that they might be able to steal things from if that scenario did occur? Beyond just maybe wanting to steal something right now. I find most people don't believe that something like this could occur. And they certaintly aren't preparing themselves for it. And they definetely aren't taking the time to look up those that are, b/c it's not even on their radar of possibilities. Just a question, not trying to infer anything. Just honestly wondering what people think. But I also never underestimate anyone anymore, so anything is possible I soppuse.

But I guess you always have the people who are preparing for a SHTF scenario to watch out for. :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Well I feel very safe, I'm to poor for anyone to want to rob me. :lol: They'd only have to bring a small sack for their loot :p

OrganicKale

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Well I feel very safe, I'm to poor for anyone to want to rob me. :lol: They'd only have to bring a small sack for their loot :p
Ha. I always say I never worry about anyone trying to steal my identity. They would bring it right back.

And I agree with Kala. People who aren't preparing really don't think they need to. They aren't looking for people who are preparing.

stepstephens2

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I looked at this thread. I don't usually comment on every thread I read because that would mean my commenting on TOO MANY threads. I don't want to be that annoying. I'm not a psycho or a stalker. I'm just bored and find this forum to be more interesting than what's on t.v. most the time.
On the other hand, I am worried about what Amazon thinks I'm up to... I was looking up prices for one of those old fashion water pumps that you can use to manually draw water with and it made all these suggestions based on what I was looking at. The suggestions were all survival gear and books with titles like "So You Think It Is The End Of Times" and "How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse." I was primarily concerned about taking a bath when we have our yearly power outages... but it HAD crossed my mind that it would also be handy to have in the case of a greater type of emergency. I'm not totally in love with Amazon jumping to conclusions about what I'm up to, however. :/ Now I've got an online shopping site judging me?! Oh well... It like they say- "What are you gonna do?":hu

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My thing is more just in general. We don't know what goes through peoples minds. They could just be your run of the mill delusional stalker/killer that could be on any forum. All it takes is for one to realize that you are a close target or something.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Icu4dzs said:
I recently learned that with some new form of technology, a photograph taken by a "GPS" equipped camera can actually be identified as to where that picture was taken by "others".
The "exif" info can easily be removed from any photo with most photo editing software, I always do it for photos I post online. The camera or phone function is also easily disabled via the menu--usually under "location".