re: eggnog
you gave my hubby a snort too... he said 'more for him' hee hee hee

this is definitely a truism and i think i'll write it down:
Its not bad til you stop drinking it

Diavolicchio

Contemplation Leave
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
Our server, Misty, poured up the coffee and brought us the menus.and there they were in all their pancake-y goodness! Gingerbread pancakes with whipped cream AND holiday sprinkles!
Why is it that 80% of the servers at IHOPs are named Misty? Even the guys. . .

Is that an Ohio thing?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
yep! i think its a union thing. its also mandatory that they wear frosted lip gloss.

hee hee actually she was a great sport!

the only thing better than an IHOP waitress named Misty is a good ol' gal at the locally owned diner who calls you 'honey.' THATS my favorite server!

:)

welcome Diavolicchio!!

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You are really a hoot! I can see a TV series about your life with the Big Man on your farm. Sure would beat the h*** out of the so called reality shows.

Oh yeah, about egg nog! LOVE IT!
Best I ever had was at a Christmas party given by my office manager at our local jeans factory. He was from the deep south and had that lovely accent. His wife had made egg nog (spiked, of course) and when I commented on how good it was she replied, "Why honey, I just made that egg nog and then I pou-wed (poured) and I tasted, then I pou-wed and I tasted, then I pou-wed and I tasted......" Naturally, I got busted for going back to the scene of the crime several times......:ya :hide

lalaland

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
love the IHOP story, and love the idea of gingerbread pancakes - sounds like the perfect day after xmas breakfast, think I'm going to have to make some of those!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Awesome story!
LOL

And now we know how some children end up vegans! :gig

when all wishy-washy i sometimes call him Sally
Mine is Nancy! :p

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Mine is Nancy!
hee hee hee was save that one for Bourbon Red!

its particularily funny when they are both together - two big ol red necks out there - i cant help but wanna yell: hey Sally and Nancy! quit messing around out there and kill them darn pigs!

hee hee hee

ranchhand

Power Conserver
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
yep me too! i mean finding my man.. we have a kind of funny story maybe i'll tell it one day.

The Big Man has been over 6'2" since he was in 6th grade so he's always been The Big Dog, El Grande, etc etc

but when all wishy-washy i sometimes call him Sally. as in, get up Sally this aint no summer camp! time to rise and shine!

and then i run
;-)
Now just a dang minute! Don't be dragging my name in the wishy-washy! :rolleyes: Call him Nancy!

GREAT story, :lol:

ZohBug

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thanks for the pancake recipe! Now I know what we're having for dinner tonight along with some real farm fresh eggs. ;) The kids have been pestering me about what's for dinner and I'm feeling uninspired since we had goat stew for lunch.

ETA it was a hit! I modified it a bit using two eggs, replacing 1/4 cup of raw cream for 1/4 cup of the milk and 1/4 cup of cottage cheese I made yesterday for 1/4 of the milk and using the other 1.5 cups of milk. I also used all sprouted spelt flour instead of the wheat and white. I made those changes to lower the gluten content and increase the protein content and to also make it more workable as an oven pancake a la Dutch Apple pancakes. I put it in the oven on 350* and shortly before it set, I put a handful of frozen blueberries on top to finish it off since I didn't use the full 1/4 cup of sugar. Oh, and I used rapadura sugar. So this works in the oven too if you're so inclined, but I would use the second egg to help it hold together as an oven pancake.

Thanks again!