Whole wheat gingerbread pancakes **On being banned from IHOP pg2

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
You did it again! You ARE something else!

Whenever you post something hilarious like this (which is quite often) I have everyone gather around the screen to have a good laugh. We love hearing it all!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
OFG...just wanted to let you know that I turned your WW Gingerbread pancakes into a jarred hostess gift.

Just sent my 7 yr old to a cookie exchange dinner party and packed along your recipe and a jar.

Here is the info for anyone who wants to mooch my idea :)

Whole Wheat Gingerbread pancakes
Add:
1 large egg
2 cups whole milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
5 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided, 3 tablespoons melted

1. Pour contents of jar into large bowl.

2. Whisk together the egg, milk, vanilla extract, and melted butter in a medium bowl until combined. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and whisk just until combined. (Avoid mixing the batter too thoroughly; some lumps are okay.) Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator to chill and rest for at least 3 hours or overnight.

3. Using the remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons of butter, heat about 1 teaspoon in a large saute pan or skillet over medium heat. (A nonstick pan is helpful here.) Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan for each pancake. (Depending on the size of the pan, you will want to make about 2 at a time.) Cook for about 2 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the surface of the cakes and they begin to brown ever so slightly around the edges. Flip the cakes and cook on the other sides for about 2 minutes more. Remove the pancakes immediately to a serving plate, or set them on a baking sheet to keep warm in the oven (see Note). Carefully wipe the pan with a paper towel, melt another teaspoon of butter, and continue the process with the rest of the batter.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Dace! what a GREAT idea! yay you!!!!

i'm on such a gingerbread kick these days... had one at panera the other day..whoot!

:)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
gingerbread :sick

Eggnog all the way baby!! :thumbsup :D ;)

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
eggnog. blech. The Big Man tosses it back like beer... ick ick ick. the only thing worse than fake eggnog from the store is real eggnog. ick ick ick.

gingerbread! whoot!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
eggnog. blech. The Big Man tosses it back like beer... ick ick ick. the only thing worse than fake eggnog from the store is real eggnog. ick ick ick.

gingerbread! whoot!
:gig

I like gingerbread sometimes....I take it you never like eggnog???

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
only as an ice cream flavor! sometimes i like the eggnog shakes but it just kinda gives me the heebie geebies

;-)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Eggnog.....Blech!! :sick

Back to gingerbread yummy gift jars......I just busted out 7 more! Yay!

Giving some to friends and family :thumbsup
BTW, I bought dried orange peel from the bulk bin instead of fresh and whriled it in the mini food processor. I used 1/2 tsp instead of 1 tsp of the fresh orange zest. My kitchen smells really yummy right now!
Whoot!

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
I too, gave the condensed version to the DH, who is 6' and who knows what....anyway, he gave the smile, nod, and chuckle, with the look of "I know all about barn clothes in a restaurant".

I love reading your stories!!! And screw those people at IHOP!!

DH tried eggnog for the first time last week....um, in his words "Its not bad til you stop drinking it " I had to laugh. I'm not a big fan of it .... a shot will do me for the year. He asked "How do people drink this stuff" My response? "With a shot of rum" :gig