Whoo Hoo! A hidden pantry!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I also came up with a really great idea to store flour and pasta and stuff we don't want bugs or rodents getting into...OLD COOLERS!
I do that for extra duck feed. A red Coleman cooler holds a 50# bag of feed perfectly.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
You know what would be really cool? Is a secret door off the elevator shaft. So no one knows the room is even there. ;)
That's the beauty ot it...no one knows it is there, no one uses the elevator except us, and you have to be at 'basement level' to see it...it is very wel hidden actually

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I also came up with a really great idea to store flour and pasta and stuff we don't want bugs or rodents getting into...OLD COOLERS!
I do that for extra duck feed. A red Coleman cooler holds a 50# bag of feed perfectly.
They wuld work great for chicken feed...that is exactly what the rodents chew thru my bins for!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
What a great place! I'm imagining it with the shelves and all the pretty canning jars...

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
What a great idea! I am green with envy at all that storage space!

2Buckeyes

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Color me GREEN! I'm all about secret pantries! I can't wait to see the finished space. And thanks for the tip about old coolers. Now's the time to buy them, too! :)

StupidBird

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I in no way really know much on this topic, but an elevator shaft acts like a flue in fire and is usually sealed in such a way to not let in air - don't they use special fire resistant plaster board, and heavy doors well sealed? Just want you to be safe.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Ya this isn't really an elevator shaft per say...it only goes up 1/2 a story (4 feet), and is more of a hydraulic lift platform, but it does hide the pantry door very well:) THere is no elevator door per say, it's more of a half door just to keep young kids from falling the four fett to the bottom if the elevator is not in the up position. In a fire it would act very much the same way as a stairwell to a differnt level really