Whoo Hoo, garage sale canning jars!!!!

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
When we were doing a walk through in this house before the previous owners moved out we went into the garage, and I saw several shelves with dozens of empty canning jars. I pointed them out to my DH, saying that now I knew where I could put mine when we unpacked. The older man selling the house asked if I canned, and did I want those jars, as his wife didn't can anymore. Of course, I said yes. When I got a better look later I found about 15 boxes of canning lids as well, both sizes, and dozens of rings (though most of these had to be tossed as they were so rusty).

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ok here is a canning jar update. I have been checking my goodwill every time I go and like others said when they do have "A" jar they way overcharge for them. So I asked the manager this morning when I stopped in what was up? I told him I was looking for oil lamps canning jars etc... He says "oh, we get cases of jars in all the time but don't put them out because we did not think anyone would want them" I almost croaked. I said "I want them!!" They know my face now because I stop in at least once a week. So they said the next ones would go on the shelf, they could not save them for me but they would put them out.

I think the question is , are they going to be a reasonable price? I will let you know. g