Whoo Hoo, garage sale canning jars!!!!

Iceblink

Maa Maa Mama
Reaction score
I have a couple of the square shouldered jars, only they are little, maybe a cup. Perfect for a single serving or something we don't eat very fast. I love them so much.

Hooray for you!

Peapickinchicks

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Awwe man I have been scouting yardsales fer 2 years lookin' for good jars :idunno. :woot way to go on the find :clap

Cybercat

Power Conserver
Reaction score
DANG! I hope I can find some jars again...

Wouldn't you know, I got rid of most of my jars after dragging them across country 3 times on moves. I had not canned anything for a few years.and still resisted giving them up. DH convinced me that we needed to lighten the load since the movers couldn't fit all of our belongings into one moving van- (we're all packrats...)

So I am kicking myself for giving them up- as I am getting motivated by you energetic folks!

Leanne

pconwayfarms

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
peapickinchicks,

Where are you in Ky? I find jars really cheap all the time. If you are close, I can scout some out for you.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You guys will kill me, but......a fellow at church just offered to give me some more jars, having already given me several boxes. How many, I asked? He replies~about a truck load! I guess his FIL was a nervous fellow that liked to be really, really stocked up on all the necessities in life. Apparently, canning jars were a necessity to them..... ;)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I haven't found any at garage sales or thrift stores in quite a while. I finally broke down and bought some :p

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
You guys will kill me, but......a fellow at church just offered to give me some more jars, having already given me several boxes. How many, I asked? He replies~about a truck load! I guess his FIL was a nervous fellow that liked to be really, really stocked up on all the necessities in life. Apparently, canning jars were a necessity to them..... ;)
Somehow, I cannot choose my smiley....will it be :weee

Or.... :tongue

Or.....:celebrate

Or.....:smack

Or..... :clap

Am I happy for you or jealous of you????

OK, I'm gonna be good now and be happy for you! :thumbsup

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I know, I am not a big garage sale person, Sat mornings I am usually catching up on house chores. My SIL knows I can so I was very lucky she thought of me. I have bee buying about one to two cases every time I do my monthly shopping. So now I should be set for this season. I think.:)

Whoo Hoo Bee..... Great find. You have great Karma!!

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I go to garage sales all the time looking for jars. If they advertise that they have jars they seem to think they're antiques and worth 10 bucks apiece so they have four jars sitting on a table in a place of honor. When they do have boxes and boxes of them they don't advertise them. I'm going to have to break down and just buy some too though husband seems to think I have enough.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
farmerlor said:
I go to garage sales all the time looking for jars. If they advertise that they have jars they seem to think they're antiques and worth 10 bucks apiece so they have four jars sitting on a table in a place of honor. When they do have boxes and boxes of them they don't advertise them. I'm going to have to break down and just buy some too though husband seems to think I have enough.
I agree with this...I always have to laugh at that! For some reason, when fruit jars are lonely and there are only a few, their value jumps exponentially! :lol: