Why can't we make articles on this forum? And same with albums.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
This site traditionally has been sorta bare bones compared to BYC. I vaguely remember some discussions to that effect a long time ago

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the question!

We've tried those other features on the smaller sites (a handful of times) and they always petered out, and then weren't ever really used, so the expenses of keeping them up / going wasn't worth it.

Fortunately, 90% of what you'd do in those other tools can be done in the current software configuration, and with a new update we hope to load soon, there will be even more similar tools / features :)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Thanks for the question!

We've tried those other features on the smaller sites (a handful of times) and they always petered out, and then weren't ever really used, so the expenses of keeping them up / going wasn't worth it.

Fortunately, 90% of what you'd do in those other tools can be done in the current software configuration, and with a new update we hope to load soon, there will be even more similar tools / features :)
I wasn't dreaming. Lol

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I like threads instead of articles because we can easily update as we learn more or gain experience.

Dragging up old threads is not frowned upon around here. Its fun to look at a topic and see my comments a decade ago versus now. I like to see familiar topics with new ideas.

MistyWeeg13

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks for the question!

This makes sense, I can totally understand that. Thanks for the explanation!

Latest posts