Why do you love being married.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I met my hubby when I was 15 years old. We were in a Science class together at school. I do NOT believe in love at first sight, however I did have the oddest sensation of having always known him the first time our eyes met across the room.

We are truly soul mates. Yes that CAN happen. I firmly believe that he was an answered prayer from God. I grew up in a really hard mentally abusive family and when I first became a Christian I prayed for God to send me some help so that I could follow him better. Shortly after that here came hubby.

After our first date hubby quizzed me about my beliefs and the quiz ended when he felt sure I was a Christian. "I really like you," he had said,"but I wouldn't have asked you out again if you weren't a Christian." :ep

Now some of you out there have different beliefs and that is fine for you, but a truly long lasting relationship NEEDS to be based on similar beliefs, no matter what they are. I was 15 in 1978 and we were married in 1981. You do the math.

We have had some VERY hard times, being that young when we were married we struggled with a lot of growing up as well as the normal marriage issues. No matter what we always worked it out and tried to put each other first. I know however that in the beginning he did a lot more sacrificing and giving than I did. It took a while to develop our own life and stop emulating the lives of our parents.

My hubby is very intelligent, kind, funny and wise. (and cute!) He is NOT a farmer, but he has always allowed me to express myself in what ever way I needed to. He keeps me safe and sane. He is the practical one and has always worked hard to keep me fed, clothed, insured and happy. I tend to chase clouds and start a lot of "projects". He has taught me to sort my dreams and finish what I start. He has always been comfortable in his masculinity and has never felt threatened by a woman who works on cars, does woodworking, fishes, or kills animals. He is proud of my gifts and thoroughly enjoys eating any weird thing I cook for him and put on the table. He is the ABSOLUTELY BEST parent my kids have. They cherish and respect him - and so do I. I am proud of him.

The best thing about my hubby is that he is always there for me. I can take off my tough hide and be soft and vulnerable around him. I laugh with him often. I trust him totally to always take care of and truly love me.

Here is to the last 31+ years and the eternity ahead. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Farmfresh, that was a sweet story - and that comes from a Lutheran guy within a Catholic family and lives next door to Parson Parvin who presides at the New Providence Baptist Church - he's a nice guy otherwise, though diesel did chase his parishioners into their cars once. for some odd reason pit bulls don't bring the lord out of people.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
:lol:

I would think just the opposite! I bet there was a lot of praying going on while they were running for their cars! :ep :lol:

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
:lol:

I would think just the opposite! I bet there was a lot of praying going on while they were running for their cars! :ep :lol:
My boy and now new girl are the sweetest you will ever meet, when they look at you with those big watery eyes you just have to make them spaghetti - which I did for them last night - I got dog hugs.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
I met my dh when I was 24. I had lived on my own for several years before meeting him, and while I didn't dislike being single, I didn't not dislike it either. I had dated many guys, and they all fell short. I always thought I could do better. then I met dh. We've been together 18 years, and my life is truly better becasue of him.

He is my best friend. he loves me unconditionally. Of course he doesn't care what I wear, or whether or not I feel like cooking supper . He is totally supportive of everything that i do, even if he doesn't get it. i don't have to answer to him, or ask permission for anything. But because of my respect for him, and love for him, I want to please him and be the best that I can be for myself and for him.

Alot of you say that there aren't many good men out there, but I would have to disagree. I know lots of good men out there, I have one and I know many others are out there too. If you are happy being single, that's great, I am happy being married, and I don't think I am missing out on anything, and not all men are dogs. I know that I would not be where I am today if it weren't for my husband. And for that i am extremely thankful.
Lots of good men out there. Ya just have to be compatible in personality etc

Me, I met my soulmate. Simple as that. The only one I want to go thru life with. We "get" each other..LOL..and have fun doing it.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea WZ ya gotta click with him--so important. If you don't then you got troubles..LOL

Hoosiermomma

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
The Vail Benton's said:
I love waking up next to my best friend every morning. He doesn't care what my hair looks like, whether or not my shirt matches my shorts, or that I take my $20 emergency allowance and go to the fabric store with it. More than likely, he will drive me there and help me find what I'm looking for - all without complaining or chastising me. (& I don't know how many times I've found an extra $20 HIDDEN in my wallet that I didn't put there. :ep
When I wanted a horse, he cheerfully took me to find her and then hauled her home for me. When I wanted a second one, he smiled and picked up the phone to call our friend about borrowing his horse trailer again.
He doesn't complain if I don't feel like cooking, or if I feel like cooking something he might think is weird. He doesn't complain that I don't keep our house as neat & tidy as it probably should be. And if I ask him to help me by taking the clothes from the washer an dputting them into the dryer, he will make sure my favorite sweater doesn't get tossed in my mistake.
I ask for his opinion because I genuinely want his input, not because I have to.
My husband is amazing. HE is what I love most about being married.
Now that's the type of guy who's a keeper!!!! :thumbsup

Justusnak....{Re: Why do you love being married.Why do I love being married?? Hubby and I have been together 30 years this October. Wow....that really wakes a person up.
We are partners in crime... We work together on projects...and through life. Knowing someone is here to back me up, or help me up is a comfort. My hubby is NOT a farmer..not in the least....however, he IS learning to be one...or at least trying. LOL
He doesnt fuss when I bring home another animal...or suggest we need another "home" for the new animal I will be getting in a few weeks. LOL We laugh, cry, work, and play together. Its just a great feeling...knowing...we have each other. When one of us is down...the other gets down with them, just long enough to help the other back up. We are living and learning together...and that makes every day worth living. The good lord willing...we will have another 30 years...or more together}
I think that's wonderful! Sounds like a beautiful relationship......;)