Why do you love being married.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Buster said:
Because she's perfect.
Well said and terse.

even my response is one word over your simple retort. no wounder why me stink.

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
"I can be who I am, shortcomings and all, and dh still loves me. I can be me around him and he still loves me. He supports me trusts me, respects me. He does not try to control me, he is not jealous. If I am having a bad day, he doesn;t get on me for not having supper done or whatever. Instead, he is caring and sympathetic. But he also challenges me. He is strong where I am weak, and vice versa. We balance each other out in so many areas. And even after all this time together, we are still headed in the same direction. marriages do require work and commitment, and both the husband and the wife have to commit."

Forgive me - I still haven't figured out the quote feature.

MTN hit it right on the head. 12 years last month.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
gettinaclue said:
11 years last month.
You should be coming up for parole soon - I have 20 betwixt the ex's but got out in 10 for good behavior.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I've been staying out of this married thread b/c I'm not married anymore...it was entertaining to read though.

I'll never get married ever again.

(BTW, when I left that horrible man, I let him keep EVERYTHING...good riddance. It felt good to purge.)

eta: Sorry if that came across as negative. I really love to hear stories of marriages that have stood the test of time. My parents have been married for about 60 years. They have always been in love too. Proof? I was the last one of 4 born and they were already 40 by then...

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Well, my first marriage was crappy, but I learned a lot (married at 19 the first time, everyone telling me not to!) about how to choose a life partner.

I first laid eyes on dh when a friend took a trip and met someone she was interested in during a group outing. She took a group picture so she could get his pic and she showed it to me. I said, "Oh, he looks nice....who is THIS guy?" Pointing to dh, of course.

She married that guy, they are very happily married. At their wedding reception, dh and I exchanged phone numbers and "dated" over the phone for a year, then I moved South and we dated a few more months and then married.

My biggest requirement in a man was that he was kind....to everyone. DH is known for his kindness. Besides, he looks like a big brown teddy bear. Bonus, and very huggable! :p

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ummm - actually it was 12 years last month. LOL opps. DH is just so good it doesn't seem that long. LOL (isn't there a blushing smiley here somewhere)

xpc wrote You should be coming up for parole soon - I have 20 betwixt the ex's but got out in 10 for good behavior.
I got a good chuckle out of that...so did DH.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
xpc said:
gettinaclue said:
11 years last month.
You should be coming up for parole soon - I have 20 betwixt the ex's but got out in 10 for good behavior.
:lol:

That is what my hubby said to me (with a twinkle in his eye) on our 25th anniversary, "If I had killed a man I'd be out on parole by now." :lol:

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thank you for starting this thread - it came at a time when I needed to be reminded that I do love being married to my DH. We rarely argue, but the last couple of weeks have been stressful :/

June will be 20 years - plus 2 years of dating for a total of 22 years! :ep

He is not a farmer/country boy, but he helps take care of my birds and doesn't complain too much :p when I want to add something new or build something. Neither of us is perfect - but we complement each other and together can make it through anything. It's not all flowers and sweetness, but I can't imagine my life with anyone else.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
1343_gary_the_bongo_player.jpg
1343_mr_spud.jpg

Here we are after 33 years of wedded bliss (?), acting crazy as usual at our farmers market.

My hubby is my rock. We've been together through some really bad times and lots of really good ones. When I get upset about something someone did, or said, he knows just what to say to difuse the situation. Usually it's as simple as, "Karen, life's too short - let it go!"

He doesn't have a fancy degree, or even a college education, but he has a down-to-earth wisdom that keeps me grounded. He's stubborn as a mule, but cuddly as a teddy bear.

Edited to add 2nd picture so you would know we really do have things to sell at the market. First pic was pretty devoid of produce. :lol: