Why do you love being married.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I met my dh when I was 24. I had lived on my own for several years before meeting him, and while I didn't dislike being single, I didn't not dislike it either. I had dated many guys, and they all fell short. I always thought I could do better. then I met dh. We've been together 18 years, and my life is truly better becasue of him.

He is my best friend. he loves me unconditionally. Of course he doesn't care what I wear, or whether or not I feel like cooking supper . He is totally supportive of everything that i do, even if he doesn't get it. i don't have to answer to him, or ask permission for anything. But because of my respect for him, and love for him, I want to please him and be the best that I can be for myself and for him.

Alot of you say that there aren't many good men out there, but I would have to disagree. I know lots of good men out there, I have one and I know many others are out there too. If you are happy being single, that's great, I am happy being married, and I don't think I am missing out on anything, and not all men are dogs. I know that I would not be where I am today if it weren't for my husband. And for that i am extremely thankful.

ecopepper

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have a story much the same as yours. I love my hubby so much. We have been together for 17 years. He is the perfect fit for me and I think I am for him. I have neighbor who would love to clone the man. I love him for who he is and try and tell him often.

It eats me up when my friends hubby's require them to have this done or that done. Marraige is a 50/50. Everyone should help. And that includes the kids if you have them. I often gripe because my hubby won't let me catch up and do something myself. But he just laughs and we do it together. I wish happiness like I have for everyone. Sure we have problems but it doesn't get in the way of love.

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:bow
Yes! Marriage is a partnership! Ok, I'm not married yet but you know what I mean.
I wouldn't tolerate for two seconds being told to do something, but on the other hand, I take J's preferences into account and always consult him about decisions more important than buying socks. And he does the same for me. Teamwork, Corporation of Us :lol:

He's my best friend and pretty to look at too, what's not to love? :gig

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
At this point in my life, I think I would be happy single or married, though I think I would be a different person either way with different priorities.

I happen to be married to the only person who can consistently make me have a deep-belly laugh with tears of laughter running down my cheeks. I thought it was worth keeping him around just for that. ;)

Inchy

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I too am very happy with my marriage. Like most of you who are happy with your marriages, mine is a partnership, and we are best friends. I married the best man for me...it's been 20 years and still strong! Stronger every year actually. We love spending time together and everything we do we do together. We are in no way independant of each other and we love it that way! I wouldn't ever want to be single...I'd never find what we've spent years to build. People who see us often comment about how they want to someday have a relationship like ours. Just last week at church the man sitting behind us commented about how our love for each other really shows all the time! I like to know that we make that impression:>)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Why do I love being married?? Hubby and I have been together 30 years this October. Wow....that really wakes a person up.
We are partners in crime... ;) We work together on projects...and through life. Knowing someone is here to back me up, or help me up is a comfort. My hubby is NOT a farmer..not in the least....however, he IS learning to be one...or at least trying. LOL
He doesnt fuss when I bring home another animal...or suggest we need another "home" for the new animal I will be getting in a few weeks. LOL We laugh, cry, work, and play together. Its just a great feeling...knowing...we have each other. When one of us is down...the other gets down with them, just long enough to help the other back up. We are living and learning together...and that makes every day worth living. The good lord willing...we will have another 30 years...or more together.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
There are some good men left in the world, women just need to wait for them to grow up!!! :cool: :lol:

I grew up 12 years ago, thou I manage to slip from time to time.

I do chores/work around the house as well and we do share what needs to get done. I have no demands of my wife other than what she wants to do. We know what needs to be done so we just get on with it.

Often I will cook, but almost never do dishes (hands get bad and crack) but I do wash and fold as well as clean the bathroom, mop, dust.

My mom would kick my donkey if I demanded anything from a woman. My step father was a team member after my mom and him had a few drag down fights.

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I love waking up next to my best friend every morning. He doesn't care what my hair looks like, whether or not my shirt matches my shorts, or that I take my $20 emergency allowance and go to the fabric store with it. More than likely, he will drive me there and help me find what I'm looking for - all without complaining or chastising me. (& I don't know how many times I've found an extra $20 HIDDEN in my wallet that I didn't put there. :ep
When I wanted a horse, he cheerfully took me to find her and then hauled her home for me. When I wanted a second one, he smiled and picked up the phone to call our friend about borrowing his horse trailer again.
He doesn't complain if I don't feel like cooking, or if I feel like cooking something he might think is weird. He doesn't complain that I don't keep our house as neat & tidy as it probably should be. And if I ask him to help me by taking the clothes from the washer an dputting them into the dryer, he will make sure my favorite sweater doesn't get tossed in my mistake.
I ask for his opinion because I genuinely want his input, not because I have to.
My husband is amazing. HE is what I love most about being married.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Great posts :D

My husband and I laugh together so much. How many people get out right giggle fits at 46 years old? He cracks me up and I crack him up. We get each other's jokes :D We've been through so much together and still laugh about it.

We just had our 23rd anniversary in December.

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Great posts :D

My husband and I laugh together so much. How many people get out right giggle fits at 46 years old? He cracks me up and I crack him up. We get each other's jokes :D We've been through so much together and still laugh about it.

We just had our 23rd anniversary in December.
I know what you mean!!!