Why Join Our SufficientSelf Community - Hey You Lurkers!

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
We're lucky to have an amazing community here at SufficientSelf! Recently we made a huge change and updated our forum software. The new features and tools are proving to be worth the effort!

Well, I recently realized that even thought things look a bit different, the "feeling" of community is still the same. This got me thinking (which I try to do at lease 1-3 times a day ;) ) : "I wonder what our members love most about SS? We have a great group of people here, and now even better features and tools... it would be cool to know what they like about being members!"

Then I realized we have hundreds of "lurkers" that visit every day but don't join us (I know... crazy to think, right?! )

Well, I decided it would be fun to start a thread where our existing and new members could:
  1. List the reasons why they like being members here
  2. Tell about some of the benefits of joining the community and going from lurker to member
  3. Post any other information that may help the lurkers (ya, you, the person reading this RIGHT NOW) that they should join our community!

Here are a few of the reasons I love SS and think peeps should join us:
  • A very friendly and active community where you can discuss pretty much anything related to living a more self-sufficient, sustainable, green, lifestyle!
  • We have a strong sense of community here! People often come seeking advice about their animals and end up making friends. We pride ourselves in maintaining a fully-moderated, friendly and welcoming community, where flaming, cursing and trolling are not acceptable.
  • You'll be able to interact with tons of great people who share similar interests.
  • They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and we love seeing pictures of everyone's animals! Becoming a member allows you to easily post and share your pictures with a community that will appreciate them.
  • As a member, you have can participate in contests and giveaways often with prizes. They are fun, and who doesn't like free stuff from winning a prize?
  • You'll be able to subscribe to threads and forum sections and get notifications of updates.
  • Fewer Ads: Advertising keeps this site free for the thousands of people who visit. We reward our signed-in members by showing them fewer ads!
  • Registering is FREE and EASY!
(make sure to check the box for "No, create an account now")

upload_2013-12-16_13-17-37-png.499

Ok SS members, please reiterate any of the points above and add your own!!

:thumbsup

kittiekat

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Even if I just joined the group days ago, I love it that the existing members are so very welcoming. They made me feel right at home.

I also love the fact that I can talk/chat to fellow self-sufficient individuals.

I also love that I'm already learning a lot just by reading threads and asking questions in the forum.

A very huge advantage of being an SS member is that once you participated in a thread, you will automatically be informed through your email that someone replied to that forum. So even if you were away for quite a while, you'll get an alert that there are new messages and then you can check it out.

So join now lurkers!

Latest posts