Status
Not open for further replies.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ThrottleJockey said:
~gd said:
ThrottleJockey said:
The problem comes when well trained sheeple ignore and outright refuse to recognize any and all information not presented by other well trained registered herd sheeple. No one elses research could ever mean anything to the thoroughly indoctrinated. When someone ignores fact directly from the source simply because it sounds too terrible to be true, they become a part of the problem as unwitting accomplices.
Oh I'm a sheeple, she is a sheeple but you are a sheeple too! sing it loud and clear.
Sort of far left as far as distraction tactics are concerned don't you think? Read the organic farming bill yet? The global sustainability and development agenda? Still in denial i see.
Yep still in denial. You know I am never going to take the time to read that stuff. I enjoy science fiction but insist there be real science mixed in with the fiction. Am I a unwitting or a witting accomplice? BTW Facts don't do that well in congress and I have already stated my opinion on the UN.

DeniseCharleson

Power Conserver
Reaction score
ThrottleJockey said:
DeniseCharleson said:
k15n1 is correct. Reasoned conclusions can be drawn from replicated, placebo-controlled, double-blind, crossover studies that are published in established peer-reviewed journals. Rants by the "Institute for Responsible Technology" don't count. The writings of Euell Gibbons don't count. Vague fears about UN agendas or Big Ag don't count. The question is whether or not GMO crops have been proven to cause harm to humans ... and the answer is that they have not.
Don't be so quick to cast doubt on these "Vague fears" and "big ag". Read the organic farming bill and then go to the UN website and spend the next few years reading the Agenda 21 mandate first. This is fact my friend, not theory.
I am intimately familiar with the laws regarding organic farming. I have read Agenda 21 and the 5-, 10-, and 20-year updates. It certainly didn't take years to read (good heavens, Agenda 21 is only ~300 pages). Neither the organic farming laws or the UN agenda do anything to prove the danger of GMO crops.

Blaundee

Power Conserver
Reaction score
ThrottleJockey said:
Blaundee said:
Well, after reading the replies, my thought on it is the same as my original thought- it's just selective breeding on a more rigorous schedule. Interesting.
NO, this could not be further from the truth! It is splicing genes from animals, bacterium , viruses, insects etc.... into plants for our consumption. It is taking genes from one species of animal, plant, insect, germ, etc....and putting it into another species of animal. Tomatoes with starfish genes in them, goats with spider genes in them....it's not selective breeding in any way shape or form, it is Frankenstein only scarier and with very REAL consequences. It is an attempt at playing God with no real idea what we're doing, trial by error except one error may well be the end of human life on earth and we may well have already made it..
Oh, I see- well, that's why I started this thread but apparently didnt see the replies about this splicing genes from OTHER species into food plants, just talk about it being a bunch of hybrids and infertile seeds. What are the consequences that you mention?

Blaundee

Power Conserver
Reaction score
ORChick said:
Anybody else notice that the OP, after the original post, has only commented twice on this thread? After the thread had languished for a couple of weeks ... as though perhaps to bring it back to the top, and get people excited about the topic again. Kind of wonder if the question was honestly meant, or whether the idea of starting a feud with a hot button topic like GMO was the real thought behind it. Of course, maybe it is just me being skeptical.
Wow. Just because I have a hectic, busy, real life that doesnt allow me to sit on the computer all day, I'm a troll???

ThrottleJockey

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Blaundee said:
ThrottleJockey said:
Blaundee said:
Well, after reading the replies, my thought on it is the same as my original thought- it's just selective breeding on a more rigorous schedule. Interesting.
NO, this could not be further from the truth! It is splicing genes from animals, bacterium , viruses, insects etc.... into plants for our consumption. It is taking genes from one species of animal, plant, insect, germ, etc....and putting it into another species of animal. Tomatoes with starfish genes in them, goats with spider genes in them....it's not selective breeding in any way shape or form, it is Frankenstein only scarier and with very REAL consequences. It is an attempt at playing God with no real idea what we're doing, trial by error except one error may well be the end of human life on earth and we may well have already made it..
Oh, I see- well, that's why I started this thread but apparently didnt see the replies about this splicing genes from OTHER species into food plants, just talk about it being a bunch of hybrids and infertile seeds. What are the consequences that you mention?
Yes, splicing genes from other things is what defines Genetically Modified crops, the other things that people keep trying to confuse you with are nothing more than hybrids.

Blaundee

Power Conserver
Reaction score
ThrottleJockey- Correct me if I'm wrong- HYBRID plants are crossbred plants, using selective breeding, to create a plant that may or may not produce seeds, and the seeds may be infertile, and the seeds often do not produce the exact same fruit as they came out of (for instance, you cross 2 colors of hollyhock flowers, and dont know what color you'll get from the next generation)? But GM Plants are ones that their DNA has been tinkered with, and now is something completely unnatural that you or I could have never created in our gardens?

ThrottleJockey

Power Conserver
Reaction score
DeniseCharleson said:
ThrottleJockey said:
DeniseCharleson said:
k15n1 is correct. Reasoned conclusions can be drawn from replicated, placebo-controlled, double-blind, crossover studies that are published in established peer-reviewed journals. Rants by the "Institute for Responsible Technology" don't count. The writings of Euell Gibbons don't count. Vague fears about UN agendas or Big Ag don't count. The question is whether or not GMO crops have been proven to cause harm to humans ... and the answer is that they have not.
Don't be so quick to cast doubt on these "Vague fears" and "big ag". Read the organic farming bill and then go to the UN website and spend the next few years reading the Agenda 21 mandate first. This is fact my friend, not theory.
I am intimately familiar with the laws regarding organic farming. I have read Agenda 21 and the 5-, 10-, and 20-year updates. It certainly didn't take years to read (good heavens, Agenda 21 is only ~300 pages). Neither the organic farming laws or the UN agenda do anything to prove the danger of GMO crops.
You've got more to read. Simply skimming through just won't do as you will be left without an understanding of what you've read. Each and every program instituted in it's name are parts of it. You can't read it like a comic book or even as a textbook and still see the full scope of its intent. There are other distributions and other CORE publications pertaining to the subversive implementation as well. Publications distributed at local levels of our government as a result of congress not jumping right into bed with it. The global warming lie was a big part of the scheme and it wasn't until the epa had made regulation of the air we exhale and plants breath the law of the land, that the top was allowed to be blown off. I told you earlier, the rabbit hole is a tad bit deeper than you care to peek.

HR875 and S425 were horrible parts of the agenda and were paid for in full by monsanto and cargil.

ThrottleJockey

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Blaundee said:
ThrottleJockey- Correct me if I'm wrong- HYBRID plants are crossbred plants, using selective breeding, to create a plant that may or may not produce seeds, and the seeds may be infertile, and the seeds often do not produce the exact same fruit as they came out of (for instance, you cross 2 colors of hollyhock flowers, and dont know what color you'll get from the next generation)? But GM Plants are ones that their DNA has been tinkered with, and now is something completely unnatural that you or I could have never created in our gardens?
Correct! dingdingding...

ThrottleJockey

Power Conserver
Reaction score
The GM isn't limited strictly to plants either, animals are also being modified. One example of this is goats that were spliced with spiders in an attempt to get spider silk from goats milk in quantities much larger than spiders could produce. They want to use spider silk to develop bullet proof material for military applications. Heck, they've even figured out how to grow meat without an animal! http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/13/tech/innovation/lab-grown-meat/index.html, and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_vitro_meat Want this stuff on your plate? On your kids tray in their school lunch? Fluoride being used to lower IQ is bad enough! http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi.html ( I hope Harvard University School of Public Health is double blind and peer reviewed enough to hold credibility). For those that wish their heads to remain buried in the sand, DO NOT read the harvard fluoride study.

DeniseCharleson

Power Conserver
Reaction score
ThrottleJockey said:
DeniseCharleson said:
ThrottleJockey said:
You've got more to read. Simply skimming through just won't do as you will be left without an understanding of what you've read. Each and every program instituted in it's name are parts of it. You can't read it like a comic book or even as a textbook and still see the full scope of its intent. There are other distributions and other CORE publications pertaining to the subversive implementation as well. Publications distributed at local levels of our government as a result of congress not jumping right into bed with it. The global warming lie was a big part of the scheme and it wasn't until the epa had made regulation of the air we exhale and plants breath the law of the land, that the top was allowed to be blown off. I told you earlier, the rabbit hole is a tad bit deeper than you care to peek.

HR875 and S425 were horrible parts of the agenda and were paid for in full by monsanto and cargil.
1. One of your consistent errors is presuming that others have the same difficulties assimilating information that you do. Not all of us do.
2. Nothing you have cited proves that GMO crops are harmful.
3. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Enjoy your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.