Why we should DEMAND mandatory labels for GM food

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
oh hey guys (putting down my People magazine and turning away from the tv.. just kidding! i was watching wheel of fortune)

throwing in my $0.02 too.. yep i'm all for labeling.. and i'd love a more prominent labeling of 'country of origin' too.

with all these seed catalogs coming in.. my garden is getting bigger by the second! and on that note, i use as many heritage seeds as possible.

doent the whole concept of fish gene in your tomato kind of ick you out on principle??? sure i'd like the scifi mush food too - but only in space...not in my produce here on earth.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
(Not denying that I dont indulge in a fun, mindless tv show or even a mag...I don't buy them, but at the jiffy lube waiting room, they can be fun :p)

Yes the whole fish gene (flounder?) in my tomato's genes makes me wanna hurl and the plant tumor gene isn't too appetizing either. :sick

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Sorry, toes that I stepped on. :hugs Hey, I get People magazine every Feb for their Oscar edition! Plus, who am I to talk? I'm in the middle of the Twilight series right now, for Pete's sake!

You know what I mean, though. The less we think, the more than can get snuck by us. Sometimes, I personally get exhausted by it. Someday, I will get energized to research the powdered milk I'm using in my homemade yogurt and the soy milk I drink on a weekly basis. Until then....:idunno

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
this article was front and center when i signed onto the net this morning. at least SOME people are thinking about the dangers of industrial food, but it seems to me they are drawing the wrong conclusions.

rather than try to fix the SYSTEM that is MAKING THE FOOD DANGEROUS why wouldn't they think to CHANGE the system?

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What scares me in that article is the fact the government allows certain amounts of contaminates :sick