Wife needs to stop sending me to town

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Our DFW assures us there are no cougars, mountain lions, pumas, or what ever else you want to call them... here in Maine. OF course, that would make a liar out of one friend who had a face to face with one about 10 years ago. It would also negate the video that a friend took of one beside his pond in the middle of the day, a couple years ago. Both of these guys live about 3 miles from me. If they do not exist, the DFW dept is not required to have a management program. I think that I'd be tempted to shoot any figments of my imagination, but... just might come up with a "real" hole.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, i sure hope it goes well! Would love to see what they do to resolve this. Curious.

Did they say why? Like because unusual, dangerous, unbelievable, or. Nothing else to do? Might be the most exciting thing going on for a while.

Since confirmed a cat, I was thinking about the musician, cow owner neighbor.....then wondered if his wife ok, did he sell out, things worked out for him. Hope all is ok.

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I guess I missed the original posting of the missing guts. That is a possum.
The night pics were deer IMO.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter Well, what did they do???
Not a thing, that I know of yet. Kitty has been reported along with photographic evidence to the game warden. Game warden said they will send out a biologist. That's all i know at this point. I'll let you all know any new news when I find out.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My neighbor showed me a video of kitty. It was filmed with a cell phone about 15 miles from here. What I was told it was filmed from a kitchen window on a farm. It was filmed in broad daylight. Kitty walked into a barn and the owner closed the door and called the sheriff. I was further told animal control has safely removed kitty. But that's all I know at this point.

I'll update as I get further updates. Country grape vines grow long and speach travels faster than the Internet through them. But just to think that kitty was finally video taped and caught about 15 miles from here is just too crazy. I'm keeping my trail cams up, this might not be the same one, who knows???

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Exciting! Same at your farm or not....but the distance is well within their range.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Neighbor and I were talking last night. We both have noticed deer are no longer bedding down near our homes. I checked my trail cams yesterday and they are very few pictures of deer in comparison to numerous pictures of deer before. My neighbor commented how quiet/calm it is now. Maybe this means deer are in the woods as opposed to hanging around by our homes. Hopefully this means kitty is gone, I sure hope so. I'm still keeping trail cams up just in case.