wind farms heating up the earth??

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
DeniseCharleson said:
Wannabefree said:
DeniseCharleson said:
The surface of the earth is approximately 500,000,000 square km. What percentage of that do you estimate is affected by bringing down air that is 1-2C warmer than the surface, for a few hours of the early morning, on some days?
Depends on where you live, here, is 0% affected, but right by the wind farms I'm guessing 100% ;)
Then the wind farms aren't "heating up the earth."
The ground, is the earth. Dirt, is the earth. They are "heating up the earth." I don't think anyone is saying they are heating up the entire planet called Earth...note the capitalization there...that's the difference. If I mean the whole planet I capitalize, otherwise I do not. I don't think anyone here has said anything about them heating up the entire planet. Several have pointed out that it is localized heating, so yes, they are heating the earth.

johnnydfred

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Wannabee, you are not considering the physics, the science behind what you say. Words are powerful, but don't last long. The reality is that there are many, many contributions to global warming (yeah, it is warming - this everyone agrees). Man's participation on Earth is definitely accelerating things (yeah, so much conclusive proof to this that it's really not contestable anymore. Most people doing so are looking like they they have other motives, or they're idiots). The pure facts of whether or not wind farms contribute to global warming in any measurable amount other than local (really local) sensors can detect is nada. Really, really, really nada (Can't show enough "really"s here to represent the order of magnitudes this doesn't matter).

My suggestion is that you stop regurgitating Fox "news" (really!) content and read up on the subject. It's quite boring material, but does, from a scientific standpoint, paint a clearer picture than the Rupert Machine does.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
"The sky is falling, the sky is falling....run for your lives!"

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
johnnydfred said:
Wannabee, you are not considering the physics, the science behind what you say. Words are powerful, but don't last long. The reality is that there are many, many contributions to global warming (yeah, it is warming - this everyone agrees). Man's participation on Earth is definitely accelerating things (yeah, so much conclusive proof to this that it's really not contestable anymore. Most people doing so are looking like they they have other motives, or they're idiots). The pure facts of whether or not wind farms contribute to global warming in any measurable amount other than local (really local) sensors can detect is nada. Really, really, really nada (Can't show enough "really"s here to represent the order of magnitudes this doesn't matter).

My suggestion is that you stop regurgitating Fox "news" (really!) content and read up on the subject. It's quite boring material, but does, from a scientific standpoint, paint a clearer picture than the Rupert Machine does.
:welcome I suggest you play nicer and stop being so offensive. Did you even READ the whole thread? Not "everyone" believes in "global warming" as I have stated. I seriously doubt thinking for myself and forming my own OPINION makes me an idiot. :smack

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WBF, how DARE you form an opinion, dont you knwo its against the rules to be anything other than a sheep...BUT only if your a sheep that doesnt istento fox lol.

i DO belive in global warming and climate change, i do belive that humans are acelerating an already natrual process of heating up and cooling down...
and i thingk fox news isnt worthy of being my toilet paper...

but mr one post wonder...making assumptions about members and berating them without an ounce of reality to back it up is going to make you mightily unpopular...

as a sie note, on the current scale of wind farming i cant see it making enough of a difference to be a problem, but should it ever become the sole choice of green energy it could sertainly cause ALOT of issues...
wind farms have already been proven to be "animal dead spots" polinators and birds have a hard time navigating through and around them
they put out an ungodly amount of noise polution too...
and when built offshore the vibrations they produce have been linkes to haihg disturbances in aquatic life forms.
wind farms with these modern day steal beasts are Nothingeven remotly close to the beautiful pictureque true windmills of europe and just like ALL energy sourcesthere are lots of pros and cons to be thought about...
i do NOT belive windfarms are the "green energy" of the future, in order to build wind farms vast swatches of land must be cleared of trees, HUGE holes must be dug for them, ect,,,for the "gren energy" they produce the actuall act of putting in a wind farm is abotu as green as oil...

Newcolonial

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I can't imagine that they can have anymore effect than the millions of square miles of black asphalt that we have laying around.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Newcolonial said:
I can't imagine that they can have anymore effect than the millions of square miles of black asphalt that we have laying around.
Oh...good point! ;)

merlinraj

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
New research finds that wind farms actually warm up the surface of the land underneath them during the night, a phenomena that could put a damper on efforts to expand wind energy as a green energy solution.Even more of a reason to look at Solar as being the most viable, that is, for now. But, the war is far from over, and the battle of designing such renewable energy solutions has only just begun.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score