Winter~Are you ready? It's coming!

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes, it does get pretty windy here. Especially since we are out in the open with very few trees. By the lake is especially windy though.

I'm not in the snow belt though. So I'm spared a lot of the snow. Every once in a while we get it though. I'm about 50 miles south of the lake.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I am from Northern WI. There is a reason I no longer live there!!! Unfortunately, the Wisconsin weather tracks me down every once in a while to remind me why I left...like yesterday :p

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WiND is the worst.....I can handle cold weather but when that wind bites thru your layers of clothes and nails ya, it just stops me in my tracks!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
when you guys say crocks....you are talking rubber water pans right?
No, crocks are ceramic or stoneware. I wish they had little rubber ones for rabbits--that would be so much easier.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh ceramic

would one want that in winter with ice? I would think they would freeze and crack fast?

OK all you small animal owners...new business....rubber crocks!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
:tongue

Do I need to say more?

Although I do like all the seasons, and winter too, I even like snow for the first few months. Its the heavy snows and bone cold chills that get me down.... The days so short, often I feel like I just got up, and yet the sun is gone.

I try to stay focused on house projects, family time, and I have some interesting hobbies I like to get out in the winter.

I am looking forward to maple syrup making this year, yum.... I also decided to use these big ole hands of mine to bake some stuff...

Maybe I outta buy a Yurt and invite everyone to visit for a week..... Oh.... The snow will be to deep and you won't make it here... :(

I guess I will stick to posting on line... :D

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
I'm ready now.... got them pigs done. whoot!

hate snow! boo snow!!!

:)

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
The wife and I are PRAYING for COLD and SNOW!! :weee :celebrate

WE GET TO GO SKIING!!!:celebrate :weee :ya :celebrate :weee :ya

:celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
WiND is the worst.....I can handle cold weather but when that wind bites thru your layers of clothes and nails ya, it just stops me in my tracks!
Try going 50 mph down a hill on SKI'S when it is 10 below! You'll find out REAL quick if that 300.00 dollar jacket you bought was worth it. :lol:

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
I'm ready now.... got them pigs done. whoot!

hate snow! boo snow!!!

:)
Well, it's about time! We were beginning to think you were sucked into the lard! :gig