Winter Blues

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I see them quite often here...they dance over the water and it is sometimes really amazing! We call them the Northern Lights

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
roosmom said:
Reinbeau, have you ever saw the (please dont correct my spelling on THIS word) Aurora Borealis? When it waves across the winter sky like a flag? Heavenly
I've only seen a green veil, down here, actually, in Hanson, surprisingly. I'd love to see it fully, way up North, someday!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I have never seen the Aurora Borealis, Northern Lights, But I sure would love to!

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Do any of you get huge anxiety and panic with winter blues?
I just don't feel like doing ANYTHING. I'm trying not to think about it, but i've noticed how early it's getting dark these days. I can't really complain, tho, because my poor sis was stuck in Madison, WI last year when they got 80 inches of snow!! :barnie She was truly miserable!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
curly_kate said:
MorelCabin said:
Do any of you get huge anxiety and panic with winter blues?
I just don't feel like doing ANYTHING. I'm trying not to think about it, but i've noticed how early it's getting dark these days. I can't really complain, tho, because my poor sis was stuck in Madison, WI last year when they got 80 inches of snow!! :barnie She was truly miserable!
EIGHTY INCHES OF SNOW!! :th

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
80" of snow is nothing, be thankful you don't live around the Tug Hill, New York area . The record there is 466.9" :ep We've had winters recently where we were over 100". Around here, though, it usually doesn't last quite as long as Tug Hill, thankfully!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Ahhh one day you will all have to see the Northern Lights...you can come sit on my porch and watch them fill the sky and dance:>)

ScottyG

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've seen the northern lights a few times from Wisconsin... but I'm sure it's nothing like really seeing them up north. *sigh* I wish...

I also was living in Madison, WI last year for the 80" of snow... but having friends in Buffalo, NY, I chose not to complain. Besides, we totally did some awesome sledding and traipsing around on the lakes.