Winter Storm Harper

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Regulator froze on the propane tank. The wind blowing horizontal rain then ice and snow got under the cover and froze up the regulator. Our house was COLD this morning. It took me a little time to diagnose the problem but was an easy fix. I dumped a pitcher of hot water on the regulator and reset the furnace and we got heat again. I insulated the cover, so hopefully we don't have anymore problems. I didn't want to insulate the regulator because I believe it needs to breathe. @Chic Rustler could you please verify.

Thanks

Yep. Needs to be able to vent.

Make sure its full. Cold temps drop pressure as well.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today's high is 1 degree, expected wind chills around -30. Brrr!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We got out of this one pretty easy. Looks like all we will see today is flurries. Driveway plowed twice. 6* today, hubby is out doing some snowblowing. I need to go out and clean snow out of the run. Last night when I was shutting up the coop and doing final egg check, a mouse ran in front of me in the run. I'm never fast enough to be able to stomp on them. The element of surprise slows my reactions. I've set traps in the green house. Need to set a bunch of traps around the run.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We had a dusting this weekend. High today is 50. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today's high is 1 degree, expected wind chills around -30. Brrr!
I have no words...:th

I'm never fast enough to be able to stomp on them.

YUCK! I couldn't stomp one either...feeling them crunch under my feet would probably make me barf. I call Gracie - she's relentless and will dig one out of anywhere if possible. Love that dog - better mouser than any cat!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
YUCK! I couldn't stomp one either...feeling them crunch under my feet would probably make me barf. I call Gracie - she's relentless and will dig one out of anywhere if possible. Love that dog - better mouser than any cat!
I'm a trapper too. Years ago I cornered a mouse in our house. It was hiding and and its tail was sticking out, so I grabbed it and pulled... Next thing I knew I was sitting with the tail in my hand and the mouse was running around, screaming :confused: Actually we both screamed. Anyway, I decided trapping is a better option after that!

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm a trapper too. Years ago I cornered a mouse in our house. It was hiding and and its tail was sticking out, so I grabbed it and pulled... Next thing I knew I was sitting with the tail in my hand and the mouse was running around, screaming :confused: Actually we both screamed. Anyway, I decided trapping is a better option after that!

I let my cats do the mouse catching here. They are great mousers. One for outside, the other 4 are inside. I think I am going to need to re-home the boys though. At 18 months, they are becoming too rough. Siamese mixes they are.

Latest posts