Woman killed by feral hogs outside Texas home: ‘One of the worst things I've ever seen’

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Did I say something you don't agree with? I'm sorry if you are angry with something I said
I had to go back and look at my angry face--it was not at you! :love The angry face was for the idiots who think feral hogs should be protected! :mad: NEVER angry at YOU my dear!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ah, ok. I thought maybe you were angry with what I said; it looks like we were thinking along the same lines.

Hogs are one of the more dangerous game to hunt also... they are fast and cunning, and will keep charging to kill you even after they are dead. We used to know a guy that hunted them with just a couple of dogs and a knife. He considered himself a "real man" because he didn't use a gun. One time, he didn't come home. All they ever found were the well chewed remains of ONE of the dogs
I'm wiping tears…. :lol::lol::lol: a "real man" huh? What popped into my mind immediately is that REAL man became a HUNGRY MAN DINNER for the hogs! and the hogs don't have a microwave.....

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They are strong things!! like a little bulldozer and bite in a second. I watched a sow grab & consume a chicken before I could shout more that NO. You get a 3-500# tub bump you and you are down!! Then, they immediately begin a feed frenzy.

My AGHs were smaller and friendly BUT -- I would NEVER reach in when a pile of food was introduced! They just consume whatever.

Like a shark & blood...…….

thistlebloom

Power Conserver
Reaction score
What a terrible way to die. That poor woman.

Feral hogs are spreading across the entire country. It's an enormous problem as they reproduce quickly, and destroy habitat.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Did I say something you don't agree with? I'm sorry if you are angry with something I said

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ah, ok. I thought maybe you were angry with what I said; it looks like we were thinking along the same lines.

Hogs are one of the more dangerous game to hunt also... they are fast and cunning, and will keep charging to kill you even after they are dead. We used to know a guy that hunted them with just a couple of dogs and a knife. He considered himself a "real man" because he didn't use a gun. One time, he didn't come home. All they ever found were the well chewed remains of ONE of the dogs

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And that is why I built the Pig Palace so I can feed and water from OUTSIDE the pen. Some pigs have creeped me out so bad, that I wouldn't go in their pen without someone standing on the outside. I LOVE my Pig Palace!