Work Clothes!!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Elastic is at the waist.

For my shirt I took a beloved Jaque & Koko sweater (bought at goodwill about 3 years ago) that finally gave out and cut it up to make a pattern. The pocket was sketched out based on one of hubby's hoodies.

Jacque & Koko makes some really nice stuff for us bigger gals. Of course I am too cheap to buy the stuff new, so I scrounge at thrift stores.

Goodwill (or ARC) are great places to get clothes AND patterns. If the fit is good but the colors are butt-ugly, it's pattern material. Often cheaper and WAY more sturdy than a paper pattern.

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey Aderienib, would you repeat that? Go sell your junk somewhere else.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I tried reading the post just to see what they were selling, and couldn't wade thru the bad English!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Back to the topic (darn those weird spammers!)....I buy almost all our wardrobes, work or otherwise, at thrift stores. We only buy new when we have some sort of deadline (such as teenager needs blue shorts for gym class tomorrow) because it can be hard to find the exact item you need. I tend to buy what I find that we need, regardless of season. We do buy new underclothing however, and socks.

I found my perfect work boots at Value Village, and in winter, I usually choose to go out wearing snow pants that I got at the Goodwill. Actually, I'm very senstive to the cold and usually do other chores while family members go outside (in shorts!), but when I do go out and do them, I bundle up.

I keep special shoes by the door to go out to the animal pens, and usually have to change my clothes after I come inside. We live in Washington where everything is WET from all the rain so my jeans and sweatshirts are usually soaked by the time I'm done with chores. I wear my oldest clothes! I realized my favorite sweatshirt was a hand-me-down from someone, who gave me the item over 15 years ago. I'm really NOT a mall person.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
SD, I hear ya on the mall. A couple of years ago my hubby complained, said it was hard to buy me a present. He and our DD had gone to 3 malls, and couldn't find a thing to buy me. I told him I'm not that hard to shop for, you're just shopping in the wrong stores. This year I didn't get that same complaint (except from my DS). But I got things like vet wrap, mane and tail detangler, flannel lined jeans, etc for Christmas. I was quite excited. It's all stuff I'll actually use.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
They would do better shopping for me in the feed store!

I have a whole list of things I want dearly from there.

That is a good place to get work clothes, too, our feed store has nice quality stuff.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I buy all my clothes at our local Catholic Community Center for .25 a piece, if at all possible. I get free t-shirts for donating blood, which I wear to work. And I make my little girls dresses, so they can match. I only buy new, if I have no other choice.
Once my oldest needed a white short for basketball and I had only one days notice. All the stores were out. Demand too high.
I was working as a nurse at the time and was on night shift.
Well I prayed for a quiet shift and rushed through my normal duties and went to the laundry room and found some ripped and stained sheets. I choose a sheet that was still very white, but too damaged to be used on a bed and I found a newspaper to use for my pattern. I looked around the facility for needles, thread and scissors and by the time I left, I had a pair of shorts for her, with a tie string. Would you believe that my child was the only one on the team that had the correct color short the next day?