Work in progress thread - Monastic herbalism of saint benedict order

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Very interesting information. My German neighbor recommended a book to me. I found an English version on line. Hers was in Polish I think.

Healing Through God's Pharmacy, by Maria Treben.

Basic info on lots of different herbs and such.

FD where in Germany did you live??? Oh, and I use igoogle to translate for me. I have a bunch of family in South America.

gina

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Mackay said:
This looks very interesting 007 and cant wait to see what you come up with.

Right now I'm treating with a case of post herpetic neurolgia, a remant from an outrageous herpes zoster outbreak. We are using mezerum homeopathic which is controling the pain but needs to be repeated daily, which I consider inferior, although granted the best treatment I've ever seen.

Does your book have any treatment for such a neuralgic pain either from this cause, or I am always looking for treatment for the pain of diabetic neuropathy and other neuropathies of the legs.

and for some reason I have gotten the impression that nettles is a very popular remedy in that part of the world and I am wondering what they use it for in your book
Have you tried St.Johnswort for the shingles? You should also look up info on Alpha Lipoic Acid. They've done some testing on it for diabetic neuropathy. The sustained release is probably better though. Here's one:
http://www.vitacost.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Alpha-Lipoic-Sustain-300-trade

Edited to give a link.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
Mackay said:
This looks very interesting 007 and cant wait to see what you come up with.

Right now I'm treating with a case of post herpetic neurolgia, a remant from an outrageous herpes zoster outbreak. We are using mezerum homeopathic which is controling the pain but needs to be repeated daily, which I consider inferior, although granted the best treatment I've ever seen.

Does your book have any treatment for such a neuralgic pain either from this cause, or I am always looking for treatment for the pain of diabetic neuropathy and other neuropathies of the legs.

and for some reason I have gotten the impression that nettles is a very popular remedy in that part of the world and I am wondering what they use it for in your book
Have you tried St.Johnswort for the shingles? You should also look up info on Alpha Lipoic Acid. They've done some testing on it for diabetic neuropathy. The sustained release is probably better though. Here's one:
http://www.vitacost.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Alpha-Lipoic-Sustain-300-trade

Edited to give a link.
We applied the homeopathic mezerum topically instead of taking it orally. It stopped the pain and burning immediately and dried up the lesion in 2 days.

Still looking forward to learning about their uses for nettles.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Glad it's helping.
Just mentioned it in case you wanted more options. Shingles sounds really painful and one of my old friend had neuropathy bad, but was helped by Alpha Lipoic Acid.