Work time and "me" time

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I remember a woman "complaining" that she had to stay up until midnight when everyone else was in bed so she could mop the kitchen floor. I'm afraid I looked at her as if she had suddenly sprouted a second head, and asked her why she didn't just announce that the kitchen floor was wet and STAY OUT.

I learned to clean really quickly and efficiently because I hate housework and I wanted to get through it as soon as possible, so as to go on to what I DID want to do.
I don't have the energy to do as much as I used to, so the house isn't as clean as it used to be. As long as the kitchen, bathroom, and laundry get done- I don't care about the rest. People visit to spend time with us, not to inspect our home.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
When my DS2 was a baby, we were in a study. PArt of which was taking environmental samples. One of which was vacuuming under where baby slept. That was when I realized we'd lived in this house for *years* and I had never vacuumed the bedroom once. :gig

I have some pretty good excuses though! First working crazy-long hours, and then on bedrest and not allowed to lift anything over 1 pound.

I try to get everything clean once per day. Usually mid-morning. And by evening you can't tell I did anything. DH accused me of not doing housework so I took photos of the clean house and emailed him in the morning so he'd believe it. o_O:mad:

I struggle with not doing my art when there is work to be done. But mostly it's that I can't be interrupted. So I can't draw when DS10 is home. I used to draw at night, but losing sleep would make me a crab during the day, sot that doesn't work. IDK. It (not drawing) is slowly becoming my life's regret.