workers acting like children

kitchwitch

Power Conserver
Reaction score
First off, it's facebook. I'm a huge believe in not "friend-ing" your co-workers to begin with. All it takes is for one person to feel slighted and then your personal life can get blabbed all around the office.

Secondly it sounds to me that she's deleting the people she doesn't want to know her private life. Her supervisor and her supervisor's cousin (assuming that being related to her supervisor means you'd blab to your cousin about stuff on facebook if she deleted only the supervisor).
IMHO she was an idiot to be friends with management on facebook to begin with. I don't think that by deleting you guys she was trying to be mean or childish, I think she was probably trying to not let her private life risk her professional life.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
kitchwitch said:
First off, it's facebook. I'm a huge believe in not "friend-ing" your co-workers to begin with. All it takes is for one person to feel slighted and then your personal life can get blabbed all around the office.

Secondly it sounds to me that she's deleting the people she doesn't want to know her private life. Her supervisor and her supervisor's cousin (assuming that being related to her supervisor means you'd blab to your cousin about stuff on facebook if she deleted only the supervisor).
IMHO she was an idiot to be friends with management on facebook to begin with. I don't think that by deleting you guys she was trying to be mean or childish, I think she was probably trying to not let her private life risk her professional life.
I agree - In my 40 years working I would never have "friend-ed" any co-workers on facebook (I know facebook wasn't even around then...I'm old, not stupid). You all know how easy it is to misunderstand posts on this forum - can you imagine how quickly facebook could destroy your working relationships? Best to keep your personal life out of the workplace altogether.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Years ago my company sent me to a seminar. One of the best things I got out of it was this. Have a list of 10 people who are allowed to upset you or make you angry. Those 10 people should only be family and close friends and depending on family size, you may not even make it to 10. Then anyone else who is not on that list you should not allow to upset you or make you mad. It made a big difference in how I looked at things. It takes up too much energy and time to be upset or mad. So now I don't let things get to me or at least try. I know there are times when things are just going to get to you but it really helped me to realize that most of it isn't even worth my time.

Latest posts