Would you hitch hike to conserve your car?

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I remember T saying that they've given him food and a place to stay before too.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yep. He has been the ONLY person we'd ever picked up that we trusted enough to bring to our home. Almost had to twist his arm to get him to stick around long enough to eat a hot meal. He didn't want to be an imposition.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
noobiechickenlady said:
He mainly stays in the southern states due to weather conditions. Had traveled to Wyoming and was floored by the cold. Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, Tennessee, etc.

DH and he had a fun time comparing notes about cities. Mr. Streeter is one of the most fun people I've met. Always has a scripture for the moment but manages to make it friendly and happy, not preachy at all.
there are a whole world of folks like this and I have met a few. In my younger days I hitch hiked a lot... maybe 10,000 miles in all, all over the country over the span of about 8 years. Usually I hitched with a friend, guy or gal.

I met some very amazing people and people who opened their homes and stories to me/us. Landed in places that I would never have found elsewise. Got picked up once by a famous Yogi/spiritual teacher and another time by some fairly well known anti war activitst that led me to meeting Dick Gregory. One time up near Vancouver my friend and I met someone who took us to his house on an Island. It was a very magical place. He was an herbologist. Also had about 2 bad experiences. The last one made me give it up, but I didn't really need to hitch hike since I had a truck. I use to hitch over using the truck sometimes just for the adventure.

In the 70's there were lots of hitchhikers... you would see them all over the place and going everywhere and not so many stories of difficulties. Not today. Its a different world. Seems like people are crazier and its harder to tell who is who by intuition. The world is more perverted than it use to be.