WOULD YOU RATHER...(forum game)

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Exercise?? I've heard of it but don't rightly go out of my way to sweat and pull muscles!! :lol:
I guess I'd have to choose exercise out side in a more organic nature....exercise videos are a little weird to me.

Would you rather....
If you had to choose lose your vision or hearing?

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Would you rather....
If you had to choose lose your vision or hearing?

I'd hate to lose either, but I think it would be harder to homestead blind.

oops- here's the question.
If you could not be on the electric grid- would you rather have solar power, a windmill or a waterwheel/hydro system?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That would depend on where I lived. I'd love to be able to do some type of hydro electric.

As for which would I rather lose, I'm already losing my hearing, and have learned to adjust to it as I go, so no choice there.

Tent or RV? I'd rather have a pickup camper, or at the very least a cap for the truck. It's no fun camping in a tent if you have a major rainstorm hit, and I don't think I'd use an RV enough.

As for exercise, I do enough of that already w/out needing a tape.

I'd rather have my computer than a TV. I can watch stuff on the computer, but I can't get on the internet on my TV.

We have a reclining rocker, so both for that.

I like both cats and dogs.

I'd rather build my own home-w/some help from someone who knew what they were doing, and it would be a small house at that.

I'd rather have both a root cellar and a freezer.

OK, that's enough answers for now.

Coffee or tea?

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Coffeeeeeeee, always coffeeeeeee.

Ya, I'm with yourbadd, I don't go out of my way to pull muscles. But, with this body, I'd rather hide out in the house with a video tape or something instead of subjecting everything and anybody who might see to this mental picture I have.....I dunno. Might be interesting to hear chickens laugh.

I'd probably go with solar before wind. But where I live, the wind blows often, even when there's no sun. But solar would be quieter.

Baking bread in a bread machine or in the oven?

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Depends on the time of the year. During the cooler months, in the oven. It helps warm the house up. But, during the hotter months, bread machine! I don't want to heat the house up more than I have to.

Cake or pie?

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Tea !!! I don't even like coffee.
Love both cats and dogs- but cats a bit more.
Bread machine for kneading, then put it in the oven so it turns out better.
Cake

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
Tea !!! I don't even like coffee.
I have a friend that says coffee tastes like burnt water. :lol: So she has Dr. Pepper for breakfast.

I missed a couple - if I had to lose one, I'd rather it was hearing. That's on the decline as it is as I age. :/ And I'll take a slice of pie, please.

Music or peace and quiet?

Denim Deb

Reaction score
That depends entirely on your definition of music! I can't stand having my truck vibrate because someone feels the need to share their "music" w/the world. However, I love to hear bird songs, waterfalls and at times, good music (like Beethoven, Bach, etc). Other times, I want complete quiet because my ears hurt.

Now, pass me a piece of pie and a piece of (chocolate) cake (w/chocolate icing).

Apples or bananas?

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The peace and quiet of 17 acres is my music if I block out the semi's jake-braking on the highway! :lol:

Apples or bananas...depends but usually apples as I like crunchy snacks.

Kiwis or mangos (I'm in a fruit mood and wouldn't be able to choose!) ...

edited to fix the speliing of aces, to acers to acres...:lol:

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol:

Kiwi. I've never tasted a fresh, RIPE mango. And I'll take an apple most of the time.

Go back in time, have a 'do over' with your life, or accept the past and go on from here?